Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trick I'd like to try but I'd like to get your opinions on it first.

The problem: Lowering the load signal to the injectors (Emanage global injector correction) leads to the ecu to advance the timing. Bad when it comes to NA-T. But we have to do that when running larger injectors.

The offset for that would be to readjust for timing using the emanage timing map. But the ecu counter adjusts as it receives info on when the spark was delivered.

Solution: Keep the timing in diagnostic mode, and use the emanage timing map as an ACTUAL MAP. Since you can only retard the timing, set base timing at say -30 BTDC and retard as needed using the map (higher loads and lower engine speeds). This is meant for boosted NAs.

So what do you guys think? Would it work?

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
setting the ecu into open loop will give you the best results. your best bet is to disable to o2 sensor, puttin it into open loop, tune the afr's and setting via distributer back a couple degrees.
s

·
Registered
980 Posts
The stock ECU does not advance timing with larger injectors. We have discussed this many times in the past. Nobody has ever showed us hard data that says it does. We have one data point with 500cc vs 720cc injectors and the max timing in both cases was 22-23 degrees.

The stock ECU works much more efficiently with the stock knock sensors than just about any aftermarket ECU. That's why you can safely run more timing with the stock ECU.

I wouldn't put a hunk of shit AEM on my car in you paid me to do it.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
You're full of shit.
Oh please tell me more? Its so easy to get a karmen vortex ECU to behave isn't it?

The stock ECU does not advance timing with larger injectors. We have discussed this many times in the past. Nobody has ever showed us hard data that says it does. We have one data point with 500cc vs 720cc injectors and the max timing in both cases was 22-23 degrees.

The stock ECU works much more efficiently with the stock knock sensors than just about any aftermarket ECU. That's why you can safely run more timing with the stock ECU.

I wouldn't put a hunk of shit AEM on my car in you paid me to do it.
Prove it. I am sure John Reed could easily prove you wrong. Don't make me cast you into the same boat as Ryeno because from your dumbass threads I have read about "how to install a T4 gasket" and "Billet turbo wheels are unreliable" you have already proved you are a fucking dumbass.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I already proved it long ago dipshit. Learn how to READ and use the search button.

Now, let's see YOUR data, not John's blah blah you dick sucker...YOURS.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...g-for-stock-ECU-23psi-100-octane&daysprune=-1

You're such a bozo ******. Ask your dick sucking boyfreind how much max timing he feels safe running in his hunk of shit aftermarket AEM ECU...18 degrees...HAHAHAAH fucking moron.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
I already proved it long ago dipshit. Learn how to READ and use the search button.

Now, let's see YOUR data, not John's blah blah you dick sucker...YOURS.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...g-for-stock-ECU-23psi-100-octane&daysprune=-1

You're such a bozo ******. Ask your dick sucking boyfreind how much timing his hunk of shit aftermarket AEM runs...18 degrees...HAHAHAAH fucking moron.

:lol: Did you just call John Reed cars a hunk of shit? :lol:

Thats why all the high horsepower supras run stock ECUs with piggybacks right? All that extra fuel map resolution so you don't get that dreaded lean spot? All the extra features like fuel map scaling for E85? 3D timing maps?

Nah dude you are so completely right. Stock ECUs RULE!

If you knew ANYTHING about what he was talking about, you would realize the ECU is from an NA supra, not a TT.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
You idiot...you mis quoted my threads. I have owned my car for 13yrs and haven't worked on it for over 5yrs because it's RELIABLE...unlike AEM pieces of shit.. I couldn't recall how the raised edge faced, not how to install it you ******.
Are you sure that the gasket wasn't billet? That must mean it is unreliable!

Have you figured out yet that the OP isn't talking about a TT ECU but an NA ECU which is completely different? Let me know when you do figure that out.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Stop pointing to your boyfriend's car...lets talk YOUR car and the data from it :lol: :lol:

There is no lean spot on OBDII you ignorant fuck :lol: You didn't even look at my data before you start sucking your boyfriend's dick.

Show me AEM Supras that are tuned reliably to 23 degrees timing :rofl: The vendors won't tune them that high because they SUCK with the stock knock sensors.

You are just dumb.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
Stop pointing to your boyfriend's car...lets talk YOUR car and the data from it :lol: :lol:

There is no lean spot on OBDII you ignorant fuck :lol: You didn't even look at my data before you start sucking your boyfriend's dick.

Show me AEM Supras that are tuned relaibly to 23 degrees timing :rofl: The vendors won't tune them that high because they SUCK with the stock knock sensors.
When did this become a talk about AEM EMS? Did I even mention AEM? I use to run a Motec M8 Pro before took the motor out of my car to do a 6 speed swap. You can easily run a HKS Knock Amp if you wanted too as well if you wanted better resolution for knock.

You still aren't getting the fact that this OP is talking about a NA ECU and a TT ECU have you? :lol:

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
Also let me clue you in on timing for 2JZGTE engines. More isn't always better. There is a point where adding timing does nothing. Most of the time tuners will back off those 2-3 degrees to make the car safer with minimal lose of power.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ok then, how much max timing do you run on your motec at high boost and rpm? Let's hear it dick sucker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I know that he is talking NA, and it should behave the same as far as injector size vs timing. I'm not concerned with that anymore, I'm interested in how much timing you run on your hunk of shit aftermarket ECU...idiot.

You do realize more timing means more power if you aren't knocking...right idiot?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Also let me clue you in on timing for 2JZGTE engines. More isn't always better. There is a point where adding timing does nothing. Most of the time tuners will back off those 2-3 degrees to make the car safer with minimal lose of power.
OMFG, the Toyota engineers coded their ECU to be dangerous!! Wow you're a fucking genius. Why don't you show me where they fucked up in the code?? :lol:

Their stock timing algorithm is superior to aftermarket hunks of shit. Period.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just like most lemmings, you bought into the hype. They back off on timing because they lack confidence with the knock DSP in their ECU.

There will most DEFINITELY be a nice power increase from18 to 23 degrees timing. Unless you car is a race car you don't need to use an aftermarket ECU to turn the timing DOWN :lol:

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
2-3 degrees != 5 degrees. I ran 19 degrees max because I didn't see the need to run that much timing to gain almost nothing. If I were to tune it again, I would have gotten more because I am using E85 now.

And the NA ECU doesn't behave that way because it uses a karmen vortex style MAF. It is not fond of boost making it extremely difficult to tune which is the same reason I recommended a standalone in the first place. Had nothing to do with timing but you decided to make it about timing so you didn't look like an illiterate moron.

·
Out on 2!
1,566 Posts
When you correct for larger injectors with the emanage it lowers the frequency the Ecuador sees from the meter. That may not increase Max timing but it does however move timing around. You may end up running 30 degrees for the first few pounds of boost and still scaled higher all the way through the map because the Ecuador is seeing lower frequency from the afm.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
When you correct for larger injectors with the emanage it lowers the frequency the Ecuador sees from the meter. That may not increase Max timing but it does however move timing around. You may end up running 30 degrees for the first few pounds of boost and still scaled higher all the way through the map because the Ecuador is seeing lower frequency from the afm.

:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts