Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i tore my engine apart looking for this coolant leak, i took off the lower radiator hose thinking thats the problem its not... retightened my waterpump bolts since i just installed a new one...where else would the coolant be leaking from its pour out when the car gets hot over my anti roll bar(its on the passenger side btw). is there anyone else thats had this issue?? thanks pls get back to me asap im working on the shit right this second...

:mad:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
little host behind the block & head?

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
try the coolant bypass hose right below your thermostat, sort of behind and above your water pump. Its a PITA to get to, and can really cause some headaches.

Or the hose from the head to the block at the back of the engine, on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
alright cool, ill be right back im looking around for this damn thing, the coolant cascades out of the motor when its hot...and im starting to get bitter about it..since im selling my car this week and shit like this has to happen... oh its a turbo by the way, does it still have a By pass valve, I don t see it on the TSRM

·
Token Black Fry
364 Posts
uh, check the drain cock on the radiator. seems obvious, but alot of people miss it, and they tend to vibrate loose.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ian333 said:
uh, check the drain cock on the radiator. seems obvious, but alot of people miss it, and they tend to vibrate loose.

yup this is one spot i would check.
that's where i have my leak from.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
lol
his cock is leaking?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
hope everything goes well

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I swear the cooling system was designed by lucifer himself..this is a big fucking headache...i replaced that gay line, and its still leaking like a fuckin faucet!!! Im so bitter right now...... been working on this shit for 5.5 hours steady and still pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can swap turbos in a 2jz in 8 hours but i cant find fuckin one stupid ass leak in the stoneage 7m!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts