Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
single turbo guys, what do you do when you get that dreaded test deadline every 2 years? PM me. Thanks!

·
Banned
509 Posts
I took my car 2 weeks ago and the car passed with flying colors. I just went into the line for 4wd, and traction control.....the tech. hooked up the obd scanner on the car and checked the gas cap and passed the car wihout doing the dynometer or tailpipe test.
I was kind of worried and kept asking him stuff and he kept telling me not to worry and that he know's these cars......it just so happen to be that he was asian.

One of my friends went there with a single tubo and had no probs. also.

Try the location in Silver Spring/Tech Rd.

GL
Umesh Thakore

·
Rugger 4 Life!
1,174 Posts
Shea Shea said:
Try the location in Silver Spring/Tech Rd.

GL
Umesh Thakore

Or if your closer to me the one in Glen Burnie, guy looked at me , said nice car, its a little low dont you think? I smiled, then he said pull it 'round back... he gave me a 2 yr waiver!

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
My car is due for emissions by July, im gonna head over to Silver Spring and let her rip!

vnt :bigthumb:

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
A couple people have asked me about this, I had an idea. I'm not up on my swap laws but here goes. Couldn't you (OBD1 guys) tell them you did a motor swap with a 97' Supra TT? You could borrow an OBDII Ecu from a buddy, use an o2 sim, 10k ohm egr mod and pass with the scan tool/gas cap only method. Last time I was at the MD emissions I mentioned that I was swapping a motor into my FD. They asked if it was a newer OBDII ecu and I told them yes. They said it wouldn't have to go on the rollers, just get plugged in to the scanner.

Thoughts? Anyone tried it?

Ryan

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
I may be able to help you Marylanders who don't mind driving to the Clinton Test Facility... Send me a PM for details

M

·
0 Posts
shogunsup94 said:
Or if your closer to me the one in Glen Burnie, guy looked at me , said nice car, its a little low dont you think? I smiled, then he said pull it 'round back... he gave me a 2 yr waiver!
He brought you around back because you're beautiful. That's called an advance, you got hit on, by a guy. Nice work :bigthumb:

Actually, Tony brought this up to me. He said if you're on coilovers, slam the car when you bring it to them. They won't be able to get it on rollers, and they'll give you an automatic 2 yr waiver.

J

·
0 Posts
yea when i had a kit on my old car they told me to pull over the to the side cause it wont fit on.... and yup they gave me a 2 yr wavier. so if ur car is lowered it might be ok

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Just proved it...went up to emissions last week....and lowered car ...not slammed...but as low as i could go and still drive it . And lowered tire pressure down to like 20 psi right around the corner just to make sure......and got 2 year waiver. I still have stock front bumper...so initailly they said it would be ok...but i pointed out to look under car at exhaust which is lowest point...and he said no way...and gave 2 year waiver...no questions asked. So if you have an aftermarket bumper or lip....you will be easily all set....others, if you are lowered or have coilovers....just point out middle of exhaust under car.

Very easy and guy said more then likely in 2 years.....we will just get enough 2 year waiver...

So guys its real easy.

Tony

M

·
0 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Just proved it...went up to emissions last week....and lowered car ...not slammed...but as low as i could go and still drive it . And lowered tire pressure down to like 20 psi right around the corner just to make sure......and got 2 year waiver. I still have stock front bumper...so initailly they said it would be ok...but i pointed out to look under car at exhaust which is lowest point...and he said no way...and gave 2 year waiver...no questions asked. So if you have an aftermarket bumper or lip....you will be easily all set....others, if you are lowered or have coilovers....just point out middle of exhaust under car.

Very easy and guy said more then likely in 2 years.....we will just get enough 2 year waiver...

So guys its real easy.

Tony
Good deal Tony. Now after these 2 years though, we have to bring the vehicle in at an acceptable height, right? Or can we keep doing this?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Silver Bullet said:

So guys its real easy.

Tony

Sounds like I'll be breaking out the zip ties, and "installing" the top secret bumper I've got laying around... :lol:

Either that, or loosen some hangers and drop the 4"mid/downpipe/catback into the way... :bigthumb:

·
Gone Fishin
395 Posts
Hey Tony Gad to see that it worked for you too. I also got a two year waiver at Bel Air for being too low and thats with 2" lowering springs and stock bumper

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
I'm gonna head to Silver Spring, for all the cars i've taken there....i've never had an issue with emissions, and whoever has a lowered car is in even betta luck cause they won't put you on the rollers.

vnt :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
okay... so I am on my second extension for emissions. My car is finally running; however, not tuned. Car is on stock suspension but with a WW front lip... HKS Ti exhaust. Hopefully, they will pull me around back too :lol: just not the kind of service Tony received (I don't want to be that special).

·
Registered
594 Posts
The one in silver spring will let you pass with the help of a jefferson...i rolled up with my dawg that had a single, fuel and the ti still on at the time and the dude let me pass :)

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
MarksSupra33.....no....if in 2 years they still have the high rollers...will will get a 2 year waiver again. Guy said they have "plans" to install lower flat rollers...but siad probably will not happen anytime soon. He even said...all anyone has to do is rig up a front lip or something that lowers front car and will get waiver. I just put on coilovers so i was all set. But a WW front lip would easily do the trick. I went to one in Forest Hill as did Matt (toohipsi)

Good luck guys.
Tony

·
Low Mile ALPINE--11,000
500 Posts
i failed at silver spring just FYI...car was lowered with wheels and I still got up on the rollers...

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Well....also...they will not put caron rollers up here...they will do tailpipe test. My car will pass the tailpipe test no problem....but i always have c16 in or left over in...and never run anough tanks of 93 to clean it out to pass. I fail 2 out of 3 just barely...but when i have no remnants of race gas...i pass easily and have absolutely no emissions anything on car... just FYI. But you still have to be able to drive in the building and go over rollers to get up there. Just put a front lip on..or borrow someones...or something. Up here in Forest Hill....no problems whatsoever. ALl us Maryland guys should combine money and share a in a front lip....just for this purpose....lol Be cheap and easy for everyone to share it. Dont paint it or nothing just zip tie damn thing up and get waiver. That is basically what guy told me to do if car isnt lowered or anything. Toohipsi...just has eibachs and stock wheels and got waiver.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts