Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AEM EMS that was working fine and one day it started idling funny. A couple days later it started to chug and shake when I was just cruising at slow speeds with very little throttle. So I data logged it and saw that the TPS was reading 13-14% throttle when I was idling and when it was chugging it was showing 15% zero 15% zero 15% zero 16% zero when it shouldn't have gone to zero at all within a split second. So I figured TPS sensor was going bad. I bought another one from Curt at Elmhurst and installed it last night. Well, it didn't change anything at all. Here's another thing, when I'm driving it hard while data logging it's fine it reads the throttle position fine and acts fine. I'm stumped so if you have any suggestions please HELP. I have a driving event tomorrow and would like to fix ASAP.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Open AEMPro, click Configure, go down to ECU setup, Click Set Throttle Range, follow instructions

See if that works for ya.

Mike

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that. It didn't work. I found the problem I think anyway. A wire that was used for a VPC that was connected in the past was cut and left with an open end that was shorting out I believe. I cut it back and taped it off and it seems to be working fine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts