Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys its been a while. I have been chasing an issue for a long time now and I need to find a solution. Cars on proefi 128 with factory cam and crank sensors. I get a Encoded Sync Cam Sync error with increasing faults at startup and above 5k rpm. I have tried several different sensors for both cam and crank, run new shielded wire for both, tried multiple ignition coil sets, and switched to iridium plugs. I am suspecting that it is a ground or interference issue but I cannot seem to locate what is causing it.

Any ideas?

1623203650676.png

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
An "Encoder Fault Count" of 4 at startup is not terrible. What is the count when it goes above 5k? Can you share a log?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
You're going to run into major issues running the v6 software on v5 firmware. You need to decide asap which way you want to go v5 or v6 firmware.

Host it on google or something similar and post a link to the log.
What is the fault count when it goes above 5k?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Use the V5 software if you are going to remain on v5 firmware. Ive seen this before. A car was getting EMI on the cam signal. I ran 2 wires from the cam sensor out the hood and through the window to the ecu as a test and that solved it. The car ended up getting a whole new harness to fix it. Something in the car was causing interference on the cam signal and it would cause it to lose sync.

Does the car have a crappy harness (aka Tweak, wiring specialties etc)?

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have run brand new shielded wire from the cam and crank sensor both outside of the harness and still hitting this issue. All of my TXL wire came in this week so I will be starting on my harness soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get WHITE LABEL Rights To FOUR Battle-Tested Agency Apps & Start Your Own Software Agency In Seconds Guaranteed.
We've Never Done Anything Like This Before...

For the FIRST TIME EVER, we're offering anyone who wants to launch a seven-figure agency the chance to do so...

...by distributing White Label Rights to FOUR next-generation software applications.

That is, you may rebrand them, sell them, and retain 100% of the earnings!!

click Here To Get

1 - 9 of 9 Posts