Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I had to get an oil change so i thought to my self why not try something different. I was using Royal Purple 10w-30 Full Syn. and it was alright. I saw this new stuff called ENEOS 0W-50 and i was like whoa thats crazy. I talked to Sarah who worked for Eneos and she assured me it will work with my Supra (1993.5 TT supra btw). Also i would feel difference. It is the oil used for the honda F1 team. So I bought some (6), but they where a bit pricey (about 10 dollars a quart). I was excited and couldn't wait to get it changed. When i changed it and took it for a ride, I already could feel a difference. It was much smoother, a bit more powerful, and more responsive. It is well worth the cost. Dont let the 0w-50 scare you, it works very very very well. I want to recommend this product to everyone. I am going to go on a dyno soon to get the numbers. But i already know it made a difference.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
pics of sarah or ban

i for one run 20w50 ams racing oil.

I don't know about running a 0w-50. Don't f1 cars rebuild their engines frequently?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no pics of sarah, sometimes you can see her at autobacs.

go to the website and check it out. http://www.eneos.us/web/

"ENEOS Motor Oil 0W50 is made from 100% synthetic oil, it has an ultra wide 0W-50 viscosity range that ensures superb starting performance even at cold winter temperatures as well as excellent oil film retention at hot summer temperatures and during high-speed driving at heavy engine loads."

It starts lower then goes to 0w-50. It goes to different ranges i suppose to fit your car. but the max it will go is the 0w-50

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I could fill the crankcase of a Supra with any, repeat any modern motor oil and you would not be able to tell ANY difference in performance.

IMO, 5-40 Synthetic Rotella is the best choice for a high performance turbocharged application.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea there is differences, cars can run smoother, more responsive, and probably a bit more power. (not saying its huge number gain or anything.) thats my opinion

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
No UOA, no care. Seat of the pants info concerning oil doesn't say much, other than some folks feel the placebo effect more than others.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Hey guys,
I had to get an oil change so i thought to my self why not try something different. I was using Royal Purple 10w-30 Full Syn. and it was alright. I saw this new stuff called ENEOS 0W-50 and i was like whoa thats crazy. I talked to Sarah who worked for Eneos and she assured me it will work with my Supra (1993.5 TT supra btw). Also i would feel difference. It is the oil used for the honda F1 team. So I bought some (6), but they where a bit pricey (about 10 dollars a quart). I was excited and couldn't wait to get it changed. When i changed it and took it for a ride, I already could feel a difference. It was much smoother, a bit more powerful, and more responsive. It is well worth the cost. Dont let the 0w-50 scare you, it works very very very well. I want to recommend this product to everyone. I am going to go on a dyno soon to get the numbers. But i already know it made a difference.
We have a section for this. Please in the future, post in the correct section.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mynes Performance, an EVO tuner shop had a dyno day with ENEOS. You dyno run back to back after an oil change to 0W50, and if your car didn't made HP you got your money back. Most car made 3-9HP...but on the high mod, high HP shop car it made 19RWHP. Back to back. And they were using Royal Purple in their baseline run.....So IF you had a 19RWHP gain, you would definitely feel that seat of the pants. You definitely would feel a car idling and running smoother which is what most people claim.

Yea...as an engineer who has worked with motorsport teams (and was offered a job by a Formula 1 team) I've seen some stuff that was crazy and you would think is not possible.

--PCV valve that made 6HP

--Back to Back to Back runs with 3 different spark plugs on a optimally tuned race engine. One set of plugs made 20+ RWHP and matching torque. Same heat range, same everything. Just a different plug. I saw 8HP on one of my cars just by switching to a special plug. Again..back to back. (These were all new plugs by the way. You for sure could see a gain going from used to new plugs).

EXP4 engine and fuel additive dynoed more HP in back to back runs. Sounds crazy. But the guys over at NSXPrime did back to back tests and found the same thing.

There are all kinds of crazy things. Sometimes products DO work as advertised. But we most often see products that don't work as advertised, so we are VERY skeptical.

FWIW, this ENEOS oil is run in the BAR Honda F1 race car. ENEOS is engine builders Cosworth approved oil. The same technology is used in the street oils like the 0W50. Last I heard, this EXACT same oil was used in CART engines. No sure if they still are though. The higher the displacement, the more HP this oil seems to be making. I suspect this would make similar HP gains to the EVO shop car on some of the big HP cars here. And what's cool about ENEOS, is the would give a sample to test here at SF for some of the cars. This oil is no joke. It has great sheer numbers too...which turbo cars require. This is the #1 selling performance synthetic in Japan, and is the recommended oil for ultra-high performance cars there. NSX, Skyline, Supra, etc... If you think this is "snake-oil", do your own research. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It FINALLY just starting to make it's way stateside.

OH...and BTW...guess who does ALL of Toyotas OEM oil formulations for their cars? Who does their advanced lubricant R&D? WHo is working in partnership with Toyota to make a new biodiesel? Yep...the same company who makes ENEOS. Nippon Oil Company (NOC). The largest Asian oil company.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mynes Performance, an EVO tuner shop had a dyno day with ENEOS. You dyno run back to back after an oil change to 0W50, and if your car didn't made HP you got your money back. Most car made 3-9HP...but on the high mod, high HP shop car it made 19RWHP. Back to back. And they were using Royal Purple in their baseline run.....So IF you had a 19RWHP gain, you would definitely feel that seat of the pants. You definitely would feel a car idling and running smoother which is what most people claim.

Yea...as an engineer who has worked with motorsport teams (and was offered a job by a Formula 1 team) I've seen some stuff that was crazy and you would think is not possible.

--Back to Back to Back runs with 3 different spark plugs on a optimally tuned race engine. One set of plugs made 20+ RWHP and matching torque. Same heat range, same everything. Just a different plug. I saw 8HP on one of my cars just by switching to a special plug. Again..back to back. (These were all new plugs by the way. You for sure could see a gain going from used to new plugs).

EXP4 engine and fuel additive dynoed more HP in back to back runs. Sounds crazy. But the guys over at NSXPrime did back to back tests and found the same thing.

There are all kinds of crazy things. Sometimes products DO work as advertised. But we most often see products that don't work as advertised, so we are VERY skeptical.

FWIW, this ENEOS oil is run in the BAR Honda F1 race car. ENEOS is engine builders Cosworth approved oil. The same technology is used in the street oils like the 0W50. Last I heard, this EXACT same oil was used in CART engines. No sure if they still are though. The higher the displacement, the more HP this oil seems to be making. I suspect this would make similar HP gains to the EVO shop car on some of the big HP cars here. And what's cool about ENEOS, is the would give a sample to test here at SF for some of the cars. This oil is no joke. It has great sheer numbers too...which turbo cars require. This is the #1 selling performance synthetic in Japan, and is the recommended oil for ultra-high performance cars there. NSX, Skyline, Supra, etc... If you think this is "snake-oil", do your own research. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It FINALLY just starting to make it's way stateside.

OH...and BTW...guess who does ALL of Toyotas OEM oil formulations for their cars? Who does their advanced lubricant R&D? WHo is working in partnership with Toyota to make a new biodiesel? Yep...the same company who makes ENEOS. Nippon Oil Company (NOC). The largest Asian oil company.

i couldnt have said it better than than lol. Im glad other people know about it now. also great numbers on your part!

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
My question is...why did you take the F1 job...I would die to be able to work for an F1 team

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^^^^ Hours were absurdly long. Pay was absurdly low. And this particular team was know to fire people on a whim after a bad weekend. Sure it would have been exciting...but not exciting enough for what they were offering. Oh..and just because you were part of the team, it didn't mean you got to go to all the races....:(

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^^ Hours were absurdly long. Pay was absurdly low. And this particular team was know to fire people on a whim after a bad weekend. Sure it would have been exciting...but not exciting enough for what they were offering. Oh..and just because you were part of the team, it didn't mean you got to go to all the races....:(
damn that sucks

·
PRSRIZD Member
246 Posts

we have been interested in picking up distribution rights for eneos for quite a while.. Mynes was the first one to get.. i for one think their test on the dyno should not be used for consideration for a few reasons. 1. they are a distributer for the oil so ofcourse they want to see more power made because they want to make for money... 2. their dyno is load controlled so unless they had a person who doesnt work their and doesnt have anything to do with eneos operate the dyno, it would be easy to regulate the load the dyno puts on the car. for our system its 2 red buttons on the dyno and it will either read interia type which is like a dyno jet or loaded which is usually around 15% less.. and you can set the load so it can read anything in between.. ive also heard some wrx guys who had issues with lubrication using this oil.. we are currently waiting for our cases to come in, so we can do the test privately and find out for ourselves.. also retail price is $9.99 for a quart.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well please tell us what you think when you do your tests. While it's true Mynes wants to sell product, it's also bad business for them to tarnish their name and reputation by making BS claims. All legitimate shops know that doing this does more harm than good.

You already seem skeptical. Hopefully this won't interfere with the way you do your tests. :)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Been running the Eneos 0W50 for over a year now.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts