Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I had to get an oil change so i thought to my self why not try something different. I was using Royal Purple 10w-30 Full Syn. and it was alright. I saw this new stuff called ENEOS 0W-50 and i was like whoa thats crazy. I talked to Sarah who worked for Eneos and she assured me it will work with my Supra (1993.5 TT supra btw). Also i would feel difference. It is the oil used for the honda F1 team. So I bought some (6), but they where a bit pricey (about 10 dollars a quart). I was excited and couldn't wait to get it changed. When i changed it and took it for a ride, I already could feel a difference. It was much smoother, a bit more powerful, and more responsive. It is well worth the cost. Dont let the 0w-50 scare you, it works very very very well. I want to recommend this product to everyone. I am going to go on a dyno soon to get the numbers. But i already know it made a difference.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I could fill the crankcase of a Supra with any, repeat any modern motor oil and you would not be able to tell ANY difference in performance.

IMO, 5-40 Synthetic Rotella is the best choice for a high performance turbocharged application.

T

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I could fill the crankcase of a Supra with any, repeat any modern motor oil and you would not be able to tell ANY difference in performance.

IMO, 5-40 Synthetic Rotella is the best choice for a high performance turbocharged application.

T
Is rotella acceptable for use in Gasoline motors? I know it has all kinds of antisoot properties for diesels, also has a CH - rating, which is for compression motors. I've also heard that the synthetic rotella isn't true synthetic, it is still a petroleum derivative. I read that on some diesel board somewhere, so who knows if its true. I always use regular rotella 15W40 in my Cummins Dodges and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Hey guys,
I had to get an oil change so i thought to my self why not try something different. I was using Royal Purple 10w-30 Full Syn. and it was alright. I saw this new stuff called ENEOS 0W-50 and i was like whoa thats crazy. I talked to Sarah who worked for Eneos and she assured me it will work with my Supra (1993.5 TT supra btw). Also i would feel difference. It is the oil used for the honda F1 team. So I bought some (6), but they where a bit pricey (about 10 dollars a quart). I was excited and couldn't wait to get it changed. When i changed it and took it for a ride, I already could feel a difference. It was much smoother, a bit more powerful, and more responsive. It is well worth the cost. Dont let the 0w-50 scare you, it works very very very well. I want to recommend this product to everyone. I am going to go on a dyno soon to get the numbers. But i already know it made a difference.
Did she sell you a snake to oil with it? It may be a great oil, but a seat-of-the-pants difference from changing your oil seems like a bit of a stretch.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mynes Performance, an EVO tuner shop had a dyno day with ENEOS. You dyno run back to back after an oil change to 0W50, and if your car didn't made HP you got your money back. Most car made 3-9HP...but on the high mod, high HP shop car it made 19RWHP. Back to back. And they were using Royal Purple in their baseline run..

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mynes Performance, an EVO tuner shop had a dyno day with ENEOS. You dyno run back to back after an oil change to 0W50, and if your car didn't made HP you got your money back. Most car made 3-9HP...but on the high mod, high HP shop car it made 19RWHP. Back to back. And they were using Royal Purple in their baseline run..
see i knew it made a difference

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yea...as an engineer who has worked with motorsport teams (and was offered a job by a Formula 1 team) I've seen some stuff that was crazy and you would think is not possible.

--PCV valve that made 6HP

--Back to Back to Back runs with 3 different spark plugs on a optimally tuned race engine. One set of plugs made 20+ RWHP and matching torque. Same heat range, same everything. Just a different plug. I saw 8HP on one of my cars just by switching to a special plug. Again..back to back.

EXP4 engine and fuel additive dynoed more HP in back to back runs. Sounds crazy. But the guys over at NSXPrime did back to back tests and found the same thing.

There are all kinds of crazy things. Sometimes products DO work as advertised. But we most often see products that don't work as advertised, so we are VERY skeptical.

FWIW, this ENEOS oil is run in the BAR Honda F1 race car. ENEOS is engine builders Cosworth approved oil. The same technology is used in the street oils like the 0W50. Last I heard, this EXACT same oil was used in CART engines. No sure if they still are though. The higher the displacement, the more HP this oil seems to be making. I suspect this would make similar HP gains to the EVO shop car on some of the big HP cars here. And what's cool about ENEOS, is the would give a sample to test here at SF for some of the cars. This oil is no joke. It has great sheer numbers too...which turbo cars require. This is the #1 selling performance synthetic in Japan, and is the recommended oil for ultra-high performance cars there. NSX, Skyline, Supra, etc... If you think this is "snake-oil", do your own research. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It FINALLY just starting to make it's way stateside.

OH...and BTW...guess who does ALL of Toyotas OEM oil formulations for their cars? Who does their advanced lubricant R&D? WHo is working in partnership with Toyota to make a new biodiesel? Yep...the same company who makes ENEOS. Nippon Oil Company (NOC). The largest Asian oil company.

·
Registered
274 Posts
RRocket, good info.

Would you mind sharing what kind of pcv valve and spark plugs those were? Are they commerically available to the public?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts