Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wondering if anyone here has a copy of a english HKS T04Z installation manual that you get with the turbo kit? if so can i get a copy of it as my 1 is in japanese which is pointless unless you can read japanese. thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You can contact HKS in your area.
I am sure they will be more than happy to fax you one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
try getting on hks europe. They have all the info on their site the hks usa one usually won't give me any information.
good luck
James

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
I called HKS USA to get the stroker kit install sheets in english language and the tech basically told me Im outta luck. Yeah I have seen some of the manuals on Europe HKS site.
I ended up hiring a local language professor to translate mine. LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive sent a email to hksusa already just waiting on a reply now if they can't or wont email me a copy of the english instructions i'll get onto hks europe thanks guys i just thought if i ask on here maybe someone has a english instruction manual as i would have thought i wasn't the only person with the HKS T04z kit.
does hks usa supply english or japanese instructions does anyone know?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you'd think they would have enmglish manuals as not everyone is able to read japanese and since they sell their products outside of japan well its only common sense that suppling japanese instructions isn't the best way of doing things but i guess theres ways around it if you try hard enough. thanks for the replies guys

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
my experience has been if they have english they send english, if they dont in most cases you wont be getting any at least not from them. But it does vary from part to part. You'
d think after spending what a stroker kit costs they would include english with that kit? Its all good though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah well those stroker kits don't come cheap and really what does it cost to produce english manuals? a couple of hundred if that just to make 1 copy and then just print them out simple
ps. when i said a couple of hundred i mean they can pay a translator a couple of undred to make up 1 english manual then its just simply making copies of the translated manuals.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
So let me get this straight... you pay $7k for a stroker and they don't even include things such as torque or bearing clearance specs in English. Wow.... F-that.

·
(笑)
11 Posts
vinh1981 said:
hi just wondering if anyone here has a copy of a english HKS T04Z installation manual that you get with the turbo kit? if so can i get a copy of it as my 1 is in japanese which is pointless unless you can read japanese. thanks in advance guys
PM me your email address and I'll email you the instructions. :)
Just gimme a couple days to translate this thing.

·
Registered
715 Posts
HKS says , or for that matter any product that comes with instructions that are NOT in english may gray market. Not meant for sale in the U.S. ????????

·
Registered
768 Posts
myrpmredline said:
HKS says , or for that matter any product that comes with instructions that are NOT in english may gray market.
Spot on, if you buy from an english speaking authorised HKS dealer they would supply instructions in english. If you buy through grey market then you tend to end up with Jap instructions, thats why HKS don't tend to be too helpful when you phone them asking for a copy of instructions in english.

Shame, but you can see their point.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Jim Swantko said:
So let me get this straight... you pay $7k for a stroker and they don't even include things such as torque or bearing clearance specs in English. Wow.... F-that.
Yeah thats what I said! Lucky for me we had a local translator.
I think it was more like $8G for the kits.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Martin F said:
Spot on, if you buy from an english speaking authorised HKS dealer they would supply instructions in english. If you buy through grey market then you tend to end up with Jap instructions, thats why HKS don't tend to be too helpful when you phone them asking for a copy of instructions in english.

Thats not true at all. I have bought stuff direct from US authorized Master destributors several times and many different manufacturers and have gotten only Japan spec sheets. In fact its more often then not the sheets are only in japanese. I spoke with HKSUSA and they told me the strokers never come with
English instructions. I bet Dusty might want to chime in here too because is what your saying is true that means he's selling black market parts.
Its just not the case.

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Martin F said:

Ever wonder why Japanese companies do things that we think are really stupid?

HKS USA is less than 10% of HKS' total sales, so they don't always give the support to the US that we would think they should. For low volume items like Supra stroker kits and T04z turbo kits, they're not going to take the time to make an English manual.

I know in the past for other items Dusty has actually paid people to translate certain install manuals.

For the T04z, I'm sure it's install is identical to any other HKS turbo kits (or any for that matter) save maybe the addition of some water lines.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
RSA Supra said:
Ever wonder why Japanese companies do things that we think are really stupid?

HKS USA is less than 10% of HKS' total sales, so they don't always give the support to the US that we would think they should. For low volume items like Supra stroker kits and T04z turbo kits, they're not going to take the time to make an English manual.

I know in the past for other items Dusty has actually paid people to translate certain install manuals.

For the T04z, I'm sure it's install is identical to any other HKS turbo kits (or any for that matter) save maybe the addition of some water lines.
Agreed. That's why I do my best to avoid buying items from them. I support those who support me - such as Full-Race, MSP, SP, etc.

If I want a stroker - it won't be an HKS that is for sure. I think many people on this forum would be very surprised how many stroker kits are out there - that have been proven in the race world over the past MANY years... for about 25% the cost of the HKS kit.

But oh well.... they do have nice packaging though! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts