Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
that engine bay looks repainted

toyota didnt do a good job painting the engine bays from the factory, so its normal for the paint to look shitty. Theres a write up on here about using gunk citrus brite to detail the engine yourself, try and search for it.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that engine bay looks repainted

toyota didnt do a good job painting the engine bays from the factory, so its normal for the paint to look shitty. Theres a write up on here about using gunk citrus brite to detail the engine yourself, try and search for it.
yeah i know but i can't find it.

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts

·
DJ/Producer
1,309 Posts
my engine bay looking the same way when i first got my car after it went through shipping and you can just use cleaning products like armor all and wipe it off

·
Registered
275 Posts
that right up using gunk was also bad news for some of the 2jzge owners as the hose down got water on the sparkplugs/wires where they meet and caused misfiring and other issues, so watch out if you do that(i wouldnt)

also, just so you dont feel like you have the dirtiest engine on the forum, I DO :D

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Your engine bay is not that bad. Something that a little time you could have worked out very easily I bet.

Here is how mine turned out. before and after

1 - 10 of 10 Posts