Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my 89T put on the diagnostics machine today. now whats strange is that all the codes ive seen only run up to the 50s. the codes i got are 213, 441, and 351. any feedback is appreciated.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
you dont need to put it on the diagnostic machine to check for codes, the cars does it for you if you jumper the Te1 and E1 terminals in the diagnostic block, searching the site will ield more innformation regarding this...and you will have the true codes :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Goto my link that I put in my post above. WHen you figure out whats wrong then go to the main page of that site and find the TSRM.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all of your help. i gt my real codes: 21, 34, 41, and 52. also, i wanted to ask if this is stored codes from past problems as well. because this is my 4th motor in this car. is it possible that the ecu was never clear and its storing old codes as well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Doubtfull...most times the engine is replaced..the battery is disconnected and this would end up clearing the codes and resetting the computer

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, one more question. all my codes indicate that the ecu may be the problem. would the fact that it is a jdm engine have anything to do with that?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
It is not the ECU that is neccessarily the problem.

21 is O2 sensor, check it according to the TSRM.
34 is boost pressure abnormal = fuel cut or air flow meter.
41 is TPS, check it according to TSRM.
52 is knock sensors, most likely the wiring goto www.supras.com/sogi and look up the tech tips for a rewire tip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts