Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
ok. i got the codes 24 31 51 52
I dont care about the A/C but it sounds like either my car has no idea how much air is going in or the ECU is broken. Can anyone tell me where to go from here?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I changed the throttle position sensor (autozone might have given me the wrong one so I used an old one) and I also changed the air mass sensor and now i only get engine code 52. I will set my timing. Other than that, why would I lose power when I give it more gas? Everything is fine until I floor it. Could it just be the timing? any ideas?

Thanks

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
I changed the throttle position sensor (autozone might have given me the wrong one so I used an old one) and I also changed the air mass sensor and now i only get engine code 52. I will set my timing. Other than that, why would I lose power when I give it more gas? Everything is fine until I floor it. Could it just be the timing? any ideas?

Thanks
Code 52 means the car can't see a knock signal, so it goes into a safe mode and retards the timing. This will greatly affect the performance of the car on boost, no timing advance = no power. You need to check the continuity of the wiring from the sensor's to the ecu, if the wiring is good then you need a new sonsor/s bad wiring is a fairly common fault. There are plenty of threads on how to do the rewire you might want to try googling it.

Here i have saved you the trouble http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=69

1 - 6 of 6 Posts