Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has had a UK 1992 Mkiii Supra Turbo for about 18 months and its been running fine apart from this one problem.

Every now and again he will be driving along and the engine will just die suddenly, and take anywhere from 3 - 15 mins before it will re-start, normally the starter motor turns but the engine wont fire up, but earlier today it did it and the starter motor wouldnt even turn.

However, after 3 - 15 mins it will start up & run perfectly fine for anything upto a month before it does it again, however it's once done it 3 times in 1 day.

Any ideas what could cause this?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I think this is another one of those wiggle the CPS wires problems. Do search via the search button on the top right and you'll come up with alot of possible answers to your problem. Usually the wiring harness gets old and starts cracking in numerous places, one of the most common places where the wires split or lose contact is near the Cam Position Sensor. Also try to see if you can run the engine diagnostic codes which you'll also be able to find out how to do using the search button, then go from there....

Kruso

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, checked the wiring around the CPS and it looks perfectly fine, also checked the engine diagnostic codes and it gave none, my dad said it cut out 3 times today and after the 2nd cut its been idling at only 500 RPM, but its been starting up instantly.

·
Registered
563 Posts
if the ignitor is bad or not grounded properly it will give you that problem. usually when the car shut down is because the ignitor is hot and when it cool the car start up.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, you guys reply pretty damn fast :D

I'll pass on the info to my dad in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts