Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going down the highway about 70 when the car started to shutter a little bit. I thought it was a rough patch of raod. It still kept on dong it. I started to give it gas and it shuttered even more and loss of power even boosting. So about a half mile down the road the engine complety dies and the brake and check engine light come on. The temp of the car was normal. I tried starting the car and it cranks over normally. I have not checked for codes yet, I'll do that in the morning. So, I'm open for suggestions. Right off the top of my head I'm thinking fuel pump. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
supraracer90 said:
It could be the fuel pump, but if your car is like mine then its code 11. Code 11 being a bad ground somewhere.
:sadwavey:
i'm gonna ground my engine to hell and back tomorrow, mark my words. probably also fix my CPS timing and then hardwire the mother fucker in. i'm pulling out all the stops now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Code 24 for me. Thermactor, there is a gang of grounds under the intake. Are your bolts tight?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
MKIII87Turbo said:
Code 24 for me. Thermactor, there is a gang of grounds under the intake. Are your bolts tight?
Tighter than a virgin. I sanded them clean too before I installed the harness. I'm going to add grounds to go between the engine and chassis and chassis and battery, and I'm going to hook up the ground around the snorkel area of the intake. (I took that ground off when I painted the engine bay and never reattached it.)
Hope it helps me out, dunno if it will. Keeping my fingers crossed as always.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts