Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to help a fellow Supra owner troubleshoot an issue with his GTE swap into an NA this weekend.

The car is getting neither spark, or injector pulse, but does have power to the injectors. This leads me to think it's either a bad ECU, or a bad ground.

The ECU was originally mine, and working fine in my car before going AEM. Unless somehow the ECU dumped just sitting on my bench, it makes me think there is a grounding issue.

I am aware of two on the intake manifold. How many other grounds are there, and where are they located?

TIA,

Howard

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
There are atleast 4 ground points in the engine bay itself that I can remember off the top of my head. just about one at every corner. check out MKIV.com and there is a whole wiring diagram for the supra there. tells all the ground points and such.

and if he hooked up your TURBO ECU on a NA wiring harness .. that may be your problem right there ..

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
i think there is one around the firewall by the valve covers and one on the block where it says 2JZ. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
for the grounds there asre four....

1 From the tranny area to the chaisis
one off the back of the head that coonets with the engine harness near the firewall
and two offf the intake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts