Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I posted a week back when I had an issue where I couldn't communicate with the ECU on my 93 JDM Supra (NA/Auto). See thread here Unable to communicate with ECU.

Since then, I've done some reading and found out that maybe my ECU is messed up to a bad capacitor (All my crazy Lexus issues SOLVED!! (ECU-leaking capacitor) - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion). So I took it out and one of the capacitors did indeed leak. I cleaned her up and installed a new one. I thought that this would be it and all my problems would be solved....NOPE

After installing the ECU, the car started and died literally 3 seconds later. So I started it again and gave her some gas and she seemed to stabalize around 500 RPM (this is low af for a cold start). Any starts now just hold 500RPM and the car vibrates pretty bad.The car use to stay at around 1500 and then work its way down.

Even after fixing the ECU capacitor, I am unable to read the engine codes. The light is ALWAYS on even if I jump the two pins (in the engine bay or under the steering wheel).The light is on during driving and it comes on instantly when the key is turned to the "ON" position. I saw plenty of videos online where the engine light comes on after a few seconds and then starts blinking...not the case for me :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR
  • Car has a rough idle (to the paint where the steering wheel/body is shaking at 500RPM).
  • If I rev, it almost stalls out
  • Engine light on even after i changed leaking capacitor in ECU. Cannot communicate with diagnostic port

·
Registered
51 Posts
You must replace them all. If one failed, the others have too or will be soon. They don’t have to be visibly leaking to be out of spec and what you are experiencing is known symptoms of bad caps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts