Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine appears to be having misfire/detonation issues. This usually gets bad when the engine starts to get to operating temps. When I get it to normal operating temps and floor on the gas, there is a lot of hesitation and it feels like there is not enough gas or spark and feels like it is running on like 4 cylinders.

What I have done so far for troubleshooting:
Changed Spark Plugs
Changed Ignition Coil Packs
Looked for leaking Pipes

This issue never happened until I drove the car up from Florida to Wisconsin on a SUPER HOT ENGINE and then when we got to Wisconsin, it started doing it a little but got worst over time.

Any thoughts anyone? I am at like a dead end!

Thanks in advance!!!:lock:

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 93 supra motor 2jzgte. It does not have a o2 sensor as it is a swapped motor into another car. It looks like messing with the Throttle Retard sensor helps. Adjusting it up and down seems to kinda fix the problem. I am thinking it could be a malfunctioning sensor but have not concluded that yet. Still in troubleshooting mode. Well let yah know if I fix it.

So far.

Swapped ECU
Switch Plugs
Switch Ignition Coils
Unplugged the Traction control sensor
Reset the Throttle Retard Sensor (Seems to make it much better but not totally fixed yet)

Next is to try and set the retard to time correctly with the car. If I can't, I will replace the sensor and retry again.

But any suggestions is always welcome!

Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.