Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ENGINE PROGRESS UPDATE, PICS!, No 56k

Well I finally got her runnin. turned out I had a bad afm elec. Its been a long road but i finally got to take a drive today. ANyway here is some pics i took.

DONT mind the loose wires by the thermostat housing, and need to finish looming the other wires too, , i was lazy and took pics anyway.. :)

The new i/c and pipes were courtesy of quikstrike. all aluminum pipes with 2.75 uppers and 2.50 lowers. the i/c is 24x12x3 bar and plate. I know that intake filter is pretty damn small, but its the only thing that would fit. i guess ill just see how it works out

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
DAMN DUDE! super clean!

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Very nice and clean, a job well done!

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
looks very clean, so clean you could eat off it :p but looks great, how did it run?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
is that an HKS manifold?

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,943 Posts
Looks good Steve. Now give a picture of how those lower IC pipes were one for the end to end 12x24x3 IC. Great Jog now break it in and turn up the boost. Pipes courtesy of Dennis Marquis my personal fabricator in NYC!:)

Anthony

BTW that intake is fine man son't sweat it. There is no space with the ic pipes doing throught the snorkel port! :bigthumb:

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Haha nice! Good to set you got it up and running. I can't believe it's been down since I bought those lights and spoiler from you years ago.

Now go out there and show some ricers whats up.

BTW I see that you removed your pcv for your heater like I did. Where did you end up routing the big coolant line coming off the back of the head. I can't really tell in that picture. Mine is ghettoed right how and extends to where the pcv used to be and had a platic 90 degree pipe then a longass coolant hose going back to the driver side of the car connecting to something or another.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
ridah said:
Haha nice! Good to set you got it up and running. I can't believe it's been down since I bought those lights and spoiler from you years ago.

Now go out there and show some ricers whats up.

BTW I see that you removed your pcv for your heater like I did. Where did you end up routing the big coolant line coming off the back of the head. I can't really tell in that picture. Mine is ghettoed right how and extends to where the pcv used to be and had a platic 90 degree pipe then a longass coolant hose going back to the driver side of the car connecting to something or another.

Thanks for the kind words guys. She is running rich, as I need to get my safc2 in and get her to tuning. It was definatley nice(and odd) at the same time finally driving this car. Been so long that i forgot what it felt like to drive.

Ridah - Yes i removed the heater vsv on the firewall. BELEIEVE IT OR NOT if you take the hose that goes from the head to the vsv and turn it BACKWARDS IT WORKS!. Suprising it worked out good. Maybe i can get a better pic for you. and Yes its been so long since this car has run! :), about a year and a half. You bought those taillights and stuff like 3 years ago from me! wow does time go fast

Quik - Im gonna post some good pics from underneith. That cast elbow on the outlet side of the i/c rocks. Thanks again bro, you rock!

As you can see I removed as much as posible from the engine bay to clean things up, i cant think of all of them but here is most:

- heater vsv
- all a/c compnents
- cruise control
- all vacuum except for fpr, bov, and boost guage, and controller.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,943 Posts
"Quik - Im gonna post some good pics from underneith. That cast elbow on the outlet side of the i/c rocks. Thanks again bro, you rock!" :)

Thanks

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
catch2nd said:
where did you power steering resivor go?

Super clean dude... i'm a little jealous

Thanks, I still havent installed my new p/s res. cause im waiting for some -AN fittings to come in the mail. right now the feed and return line are looped.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
Thanks for the kind words guys. She is running rich, as I need to get my safc2 in and get her to tuning. It was definatley nice(and odd) at the same time finally driving this car. Been so long that i forgot what it felt like to drive.

Ridah - Yes i removed the heater vsv on the firewall. BELEIEVE IT OR NOT if you take the hose that goes from the head to the vsv and turn it BACKWARDS IT WORKS!. Suprising it worked out good. Maybe i can get a better pic for you. and Yes its been so long since this car has run! :), about a year and a half. You bought those taillights and stuff like 3 years ago from me! wow does time go fast

Quik - Im gonna post some good pics from underneith. That cast elbow on the outlet side of the i/c rocks. Thanks again bro, you rock!

As you can see I removed as much as posible from the engine bay to clean things up, i cant think of all of them but here is most:

- heater vsv
- all a/c compnents
- cruise control
- all vacuum except for fpr, bov, and boost guage, and controller.
I think I know what you mean but my hose is so old I think it will break or crack if I bend it. I tried taking off the clamp and turning the hose, but once the clamp was removed the hose wouldn't budge and I didn't feel like messing with it since I don't have an extra one.

If you got closer pics, it would be nice. I want to see how it can be done properly.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I wish all 7ms were that clean....

I like it all except for the intake breathing hot air...

No biggy though, the IC will take care of it...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Looking awesome dude! Damn, I wish I would have picked up those IC pipes! At least they went to a good home. Have fun with her man.

Mo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts