Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today cleaning my garage i found my supra under a lot of junk lol
yes i knew it was there , i just have a lot of junk.

this is the problem the head was done hks metal gasket and arp bolts, turbo rebuilt and the engine was gone in 2 days , the oil and water mix so i got very upset and put it in the garage and forgot about it my local mechanic blames me for the damage , this was 3 years ago

so this time i want to do the work my self ,i will be very carfull and fix or change any defective part i am not cutting corners here, i want to do a good job

the problem is water and oil mix inside the engine stay there for 3 years what will be the damage ?

most likely i will remove the engine because i want to take the block to the machine shop, the last time they only work on the head ,

thank you for any help idea

also anything i need to read or anything available online ?
i do have the 1990 toyota supra service manual my vehicle is a 1989

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
just hope that it hasnt been leaking into the combustion chamber sitting and rusting out your block. if it didnt and all the water in the oil system should have just unmixed from the oil and settled at the bottom of the pan. either way you should be doing a full rebuild.

machine block and head.
have head checked out really good,
machine block with rear timing cover.

heres a good read:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276

· Registered
1,403 Posts
step 1: get a whole lot of money
step 2: block out about a years worth of time where you have nothing really better to do
step 3: buy about 40 cases of beer, you'll need it
step 4: go to supraforums.com and search for "rebuild" in the mkIII section and also look at a few people's build threads

You won't know the damage inside the block until you open it up but have it checked throroughly by a competent machine shop. taking just the head in is NOT an option, take everything.

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK i am taking the engine out, any better instructions to remove the engine out of the vehicle besides the toyota repair manual
this morning i took the valve cover and hoses, so i am ready to work
it looks like it will be better to pull the engine and tranny together , if that is not a good idea how can i remove the screws from top of the tranny to the motor
thank you

· Registered
478 Posts
yup.. it's way easier to remove with the tranny.... also when you remove you might wanna undo the motor mount on the drivers side... i tend to break that pretty easily when i would pull the motor....

but yeah... just take your time to undo the exhaust, AC compressor,lay the wiring harness over the top of the motor after you dc it from the ecu,undo the wires that connect to your igniter and stuff... undo the cross member... and bam.. get a friend to help pull her out... i always jus dropped the front end down and kept the rear end on higher jacks... makes it easier to pull..

hit me up if ya need some help

· GTSDWYZ
299 Posts
make sure the machine shop decks the block! had a buddy that just had he head machined and he had the same problem with the metal head gasket. it just leaked coolant into the oil galleys and it was all down hill from there.

be prepared.........its gonna be expensive!

check out this site! saved my ass a few times!!
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.