Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Engine Rebuild quote! Please look!!!

Got a quote today on an Engine rebuild from a shop in my area. If anyone has a minute to look over this and see what i might be missing as far as work that would need to be done, that would be great. Also some comments on the shop prices would be helpful. This is for a STOCK rebuild on a 7M-GTE.

Main Bearings - $56
Rod Bearings - $41
Thrust Bearings - $8
2 Oil seals - $5 each
another Oil Seal - $7
Rear Crank Oil seal - $14
Another Crank Seal - $6
2 Valve Cover Gaskets - $16
12 Valve Cover washers - $18
Timing Belt - $20
Tensioner, Timing belt sub assy - $34
Water pump - $68
Spark Plugs - $67
Machine work - Vat Block, Deck and hone - $195
Piston ring set - $180
Oil pump assy - $195
Labor. Clean all supplied parts and Assemble Engine - $500

TOTAL : $1470

Note: I will be supplying the Head Gasket, Head bolts/studs

Anything else i should be aware of that i would need for a stock rebuilt parts wise?
(Other than hoses, cleaning injectors..etc)

Also i'v already had the head work done, and its ready for a MHG.
This shop has done many 7M-GTE motors, do you think i should make sure they Lap the block for a MHG? I will ask them reguardless.

Thanks for all your responses ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
your not going to do rods or pistions? You probably should IMO also engine gasket kit unless i missed it somewhere.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
That sounds pretty fair. Just make sure they are gonna hone the block for you, and be sure they get the correct size bearings.

~scott

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
that price is not bad. around here you get quoted 2000 for a short block build up, this is by people who have built these motors before.

heads......are another story. for some reason too many fucking machinists are too lazy to pay attention to the toyota specs for the head!

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silverinferno84 said:
your not going to do rods or pistions? You probably should IMO also engine gasket kit unless i missed it somewhere.

Silverinferno, i'd love to do Rods/pistons, however i still gotta buy a DP, Hoses, and a Clutch (Might as well since the engine will be out). I'm also going to have to buy an engine hoist and a stand... not to mention the MHG too.... and i already got the engine gasket kit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts