Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im getting a little closer to the day I put my engine in, all I have to do now is paint my engine bay, get the upgraded CT, and replace all the hoses (and hopefully get my aluminum IC pipes made)

here are some prgress pics:

thts the engine so far, I have quite a bit of work to do, but when Im done, and everything is runing the way I want then ill start the beautification process, and start sanding off all the paint to make her a black beauty.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
looks great!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I still have to remove the oil filter nmount and paint that... I cant wait until I get to the carputer stage. Hopefully Ill get that far by January, I really have to get going on the supra since i got in a fender bender w/ my jeep..... I learned how to repair fiber glass after that one.... those shots were taken last night at around 12.... my friend's neighbors hates us im sure ;)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was rebuilt before I took it out, only ~1000 miles on rebuild then the owner decided to sell.... MHG and the works, I changed most seals so I would feel even better...

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
Always nice to see an engine all cleaned up! :bigthumb: Is it just the cameras flash, or are the valve covers painted a red to orange chrome illusion type thing?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, its just red, its the flash in combo w/ those lights we use that gave it that hella expensive paint job look lol, but it looks good IMO

**edit** those white papers you see on the first shot are the SOGI instructions on how to take out the engine, they came in handy!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looked like crap, and I wanted to replace all the hoses and get everthing done right.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope

that shot was taken after the third coat on the drives side of the engine, thats why that area is so glossy

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey man i know a good place that does i/c piping for $300 but dosent include the coupling but has the polished upper piping and painted black lower... pm me if ur interested oww ya and about that junk yard i went there agian and the guy is never there, there are only two supra left but one has perfect grey interior!!

engine looks great keep up the good work

:D :D :D

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grey Interior! Lemme know where that place is I deff need to hit it up!!!!, as for the piping Im going to order from JC Whitney, and get my GF's dad to weld it for me... its going to be my first time meeting her dad, so its going to be kinda weird....

but deff. let me know where that junkyard is I want the complete grey interior, to swap my blue out...

thanks

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Looks awsome man!!!

Pretty soon I'll start gettin all my parts cleaned up to put the mtor back together!!!

It's just too damn cold to get motivated to do it yet.

Keep up the great work!

Jason

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
how are u going to paint the engine bay? u towing the car to get professionally painted with the engine out?! or u doing it urself?! i did mine when it was out! made life easier! though the shop F***** up and i had to take it back with the enginein the car and they spray painted around it and came out much better...

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im going to do it myself, my friend and I are going to construct a booth to paint the whole thing, but Im going to clean the bay and spray that part maybe tuesday when I have some time off.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts