Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first went to the store and bought some Lucas fuel injector cleaner and put it in with a full tank of gas. The car ran great still. Next I went home and sprayed the engine with gunk engine degreaser, then sprayed it off 15 minutes later with the hose like the directions say. I then let the car sit for about half hour with the hood open. I started it up to let it idle and burn off the water and degreaser.

It ran great still...went to the bank about 3 miles away and it ran great, got on the interstate driving slow no more than 3000 rpms before shifts and the car started to buck and hesitate at any throttle position. It runs like its on half the engine, has no power and idles lower and shakes at idle. It also threw the check engine light on the way home.

What could be wrong? I opened the hood facing the sun to see if it needs to dry out maybe. I've also disconnected the battery.

This sucks to have caused a problem trying to clean the car up!

Thanks for any advise

·
Na-T
695 Posts
Just water in the plugs and ignition cables. You should be fine if you get some new plugs. and just make sure theres not water on the ends of the ignition cables.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
i sprayed that gunk stuff to but i was scared as hell, i covered the spark plug valley with a towel. but i didn't get to into it. i quit halfway lol.

i would just leave the car and drive as much as possible hopefully the heat will evaporate whatever water you have laying around.

you cannot clean the engine bay because our spark plug valley is exposed and is not covered with a spark plug cover like the gte.

GTE owners can wash there engine bays with no worries.....dam you all haha.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hi

Open your distributor and use compressed air to clean it or take a towel and dry it.... amen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts