Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was doing some 80-120 mph runs and then letting off the gas and coasting with the clutch in and the the engine died a few times. :confused:

It would always start back up and run fine, but it was very disturbing having the engine die at 100 mph. I wonder letting off too quickly after high-boost leaves too rich a mixture for the computer to react to. If I blipped the gas or just kept the RPMs up after the runs it didn't have any problems and the car runs perfectly fine otherwise.

I have to dig in and take care of a leak to my boost gauge (I can hear the air through the A-pillar) but in cool weather with my boost controller settings as they are I can peak at 1.4 to 1.5 bar and then hold 1.2 to 1.3. My mods are listed below and the only other thing I have done is pull the trac fuse (recently and for the first time) which did make the check engine light come on, but like I said the car pulls very hard and runs fine.

Anybody else ever have this problem? :mad:

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
648 Posts
I had a similar problem a little while back. It turned out I had a bad O2 sensor...has your check engine light come on? If so, definately, check the codes to see if there is something up with your O2 sensor...Darshana S...

·
Registered
255 Posts
The check engine light should not come on when the TRAC fuse is pulled. You should only get a small yellow light that says "TRAC" or "TRAC off" I can't remember which one at the moment, but only 1 light. . I think like previously mentioned it could be the 02 sensor or some other problem.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmmmm

Well for the first 2 weeks after pulling my trac fuse only the small light came on (TRAC). Then about a week ago the Check Engine and Trac Off lights came on also. I may have to check out the O2 sensor.

How much does it usually cost? Is there an advantage to getting the wide band 02 sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts