Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Currently trying to start my 7mgte with the emanage ultimate. Since there are no pre settings for the 7mgte I need to set settings myself.

Can’t get it running tho, car starts half a second and dies afterwards. Can anyone check my parameter settings? Jumper settings on the unit should be okay.

The airflow should be karman vortex but there stands nothing from Toyota, don’t know if that is an issue..

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Hi Reniiieeebe,

Something I noticed is if you have the injector adjustment set, it behaves strangely. When I set my settings for 440 and input 990 for my 1300 CC injectors the car will not come near starting. If I set them to 440/440 car starts up perfectly, albit rich. I then just injector adjustment to remove fuel instead of trying to scale. Just seems to work better and works better for cold start.

Secondly the main reason it's not working for you is becuase you have the sensor type wrong. Set it to MT_KR-1 which is a Karman vortex sensor. The 7m-GTE is Karman vortex style sensor while the 7m-GE is a flapper type. Once you make these changes you should be good to start.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Reniiieeebe,

Something I noticed is if you have the injector adjustment set, it behaves strangely. When I set my settings for 440 and input 990 for my 1300 CC injectors the car will not come near starting. If I set them to 440/440 car starts up perfectly, albit rich. I then just injector adjustment to remove fuel instead of trying to scale. Just seems to work better and works better for cold start.

Secondly the main reason it's not working for you is becuase you have the sensor type wrong. Set it to MT_KR-1 which is a Karman vortex sensor. The 7m-GTE is Karman vortex style sensor while the 7m-GE is a flapper type. Once you make these changes you should be good to start.
Hi man,

Thanks for the advice, I did the tricks you told me but no luck.. I have used my data logger and I have Airflow Input and Output. My car started without the EMU tho so it's nothing mechanical.

Anything else that I can try?

EDIT: I have checked out the data log feature, when car begins to stall it says my ignition timing is 121°, so I'm starting to think something is wrong with my ignition settings? My jumper settings JP8: 1-2 and JP7: 1-2

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Reniiieeebe,

Something I noticed is if you have the injector adjustment set, it behaves strange IMG_2208 (1).jpg ly. When I set my settings for 440 and input 990 for my 1300 CC injectors the car will not come near starting. If I set them to 440/440 car starts up perfectly, albit rich. I then just injector adjustment to remove fuel instead of trying to scale. Just seems to work better and works better for cold start.

Hi man,

Thanks for the advice, I did the tricks you told me but no luck.. I have used my data logger and I have Airflow Input and Output. My car started without the EMU tho so it's nothing mechanical.

Anything else that I can try?

·
12,147 Posts
Oh, change the injector sizes. from 400-700 to just 400/400.

It will probably, start then you can use the Inj adjustment map to pull fuel if it's too rich.

There is something really fucked up with the scaling. I have 1300 CC injectors, and if I scale them more than 550 from 440's the car will not start. What kind of injectors do you have? I think the modern larger injectors scale completely diffrently. For instance while they are 1300CC injectors the car will idle and start at 1.2ms Pluse width, like stock injectors if I take away 30% of that car will not run. I just changed my readout form Duty cycle (%) to pluse width (ms) because I think the scaling is broken unless you stay in the same family of injectors. (Denso 440 to denso 550 etc). I know the injector scaling worked 100% better on my emanage blue. I set it and it was done. On the ultimate it was wonky as all hell.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, change the injector sizes. from 400-700 to just 400/400.

It will probably, start then you can use the Inj adjustment map to pull fuel if it's too rich.

There is something really fucked up with the scaling. I have 1300 CC injectors, and if I scale them more than 550 from 440's the car will not start. What kind of injectors do you have? I think the modern larger injectors scale completely diffrently. For instance while they are 1300CC injectors the car will idle and start at 1.2ms Pluse width, like stock injectors if I take away 30% of that car will not run. I just changed my readout form Duty cycle (%) to pluse width (ms) because I think the scaling is broken unless you stay in the same family of injectors. (Denso 440 to denso 550 etc). I know the injector scaling worked 100% better on my emanage blue. I set it and it was done. On the ultimate it was wonky as all hell.
Thanks for the reply! I have SARD 700cc low imp injectors with stock resistor(s?). So it’s the same impedance but different brand I don’t know about the lag time tho but I will compensate with the pulse width. The adjustments are in duty % now but I will try pulse. Got some free time this evening, I’ll keep you posted.

·
12,147 Posts
My care idled really poorly with pulse width for some odd reason, like there was always a miss. When I went back to duty it went back to normal. I think there are some lingering bugs in the Emanage or something.

I was able to find on Trust japan's site a 2.33 version of the software and firmware. I upgraded my Emanage ultimate to 2.33 but you cannot run the software in english or it crashes. I had to change my region on my VM to Japan, launch the software and upgrade. Then I reverted my VM to 2.32 and seemed to connect fine. I will test to see if my random 100% duty cycle spike are gone as that's what was happning under WOT near 5500-6000 RPM on 2 seprate Emanages.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still no luck man, have tried few settings can you send me some pictures of your parameter settings, do you have 7mgte? Do you have set 5v or 12v on the jumper settings? Really getting frustrating.

EDIT: I have set to 5v but the igniter is 12v if I'm not mistaken?

·
12,147 Posts
http://www.supramania.com/forum/threads/official-emanage-ultimate-thread.72092/

That may help you first of all, secondly, yes only distributors at 5v you should have jumpers default, I don't have this on a 7m-gte right now. But the jumpers I remember are for setting 2 airflows or for Vtec you shouldn't be messing with any jumpers.

I would not wire the ignition at first to make sure the car runs first with just injector control.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.supramania.com/forum/threads/official-emanage-ultimate-thread.72092/

That may help you first of all, secondly, yes only distributors at 5v you should have jumpers default, I don't have this on a 7m-gte right now. But the jumpers I remember are for setting 2 airflows or for Vtec you shouldn't be messing with any jumpers.

I would not wire the ignition at first to make sure the car runs first with just injector control.
I have read that thread a few times already, will try some things. Thanks for the help man

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Anyone else that might have some helpfull advice ?

Edit: I am currently check my harness that I bought pnp. There is only one igniton input and one ignition output, shouldn’t it be 3 on channel #1-3?

·
12,147 Posts
*edit*

Ok, I've done more reading.

Basically, if you want more than 6 degrees of timing control you'll need to create and install the circuit that I link to below and the post below.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/zazzn/pics/emanage/ignitionEmanage2.JPG

You will be setting the car up like a TY-1 for ignition type.

In the Logs, when you try to start to the car what is the Input HZ and the Output HZ showing for the sensor?

Take a screenshot of your current parameter settings. Basically, there are only two types of outputs from any airflow sensor that the emanag can control it 0-5V and HZ frequency. It's only the software mappings why it matters what you select. Example if you show -11 PSI to 20 PSI the scaling will be wrong iwth the wrong sensor selected

Are you getting any red flashing lights from the Emanage meaning there are error codes?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*edit*

Ok, I've done more reading.

Basically, if you want more than 6 degrees of timing control you'll need to create and install the circuit that I link to below and the post below.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/zazzn/pics/emanage/ignitionEmanage2.JPG

You will be setting the car up like a TY-1 for ignition type.

In the Logs, when you try to start to the car what is the Input HZ and the Output HZ showing for the sensor?

Take a screenshot of your current parameter settings. Basically, there are only two types of outputs from any airflow sensor that the emanag can control it 0-5V and HZ frequency. It's only the software mappings why it matters what you select. Example if you show -11 PSI to 20 PSI the scaling will be wrong iwth the wrong sensor selected

Are you getting any red flashing lights from the Emanage meaning there are error codes?
Hi man, thanks for the tips. I've read the article before but now it makes way more sense. What I still don't understand is why there is only one channel. I understand the ECU sends a signal(s) to the igniter, IGT - IGdA and IGdB so that makes 3. I probably should look like it in an other way...

Input (HZ) and Output (HZ) are 30HZ-200HZ depending on what rpm. I do get up to +- 1000 rpm and then it stalls. They are almost matching e.g. : 50HZ input - 52 HZ output.

No red flashing in here, I will test a new discovery later this evening.. In the parameter settings "RPM signal type" there is "RPM signal", but it may be "ignition signal" ? I know the igniter is connected to the tacho meter.

I will keep you up to date, thanks for sticking with me. If this doesn't work I'll post the parameter settings

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?t=6050

IGT is your RPM signal. So the car will idle normally until 1000 RPM? Whast is your AFR? Are you simply just going to rich and it's stalling out?
It gets ups to +- 1000rpm and gets down, not really an idle. My wideband shows +- 11.0 when "starting", which is normal for a start up condition I assume.

Here is the link to the parameter settings: https://ufile.io/2rq6f

I've experimented a little with some settings but still no luck.

·
12,147 Posts
Ignition was always strange when reading on my cars. ON my 2jz it's correc then at WOT goes crazy to -86 and stuff. I've heard similar by others as well on that. Sounds like your A/F numbers are not set in the option for the range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ignition was always strange when reading on my cars. ON my 2jz it's correc then at WOT goes crazy to -86 and stuff. I've heard similar by others as well on that. Sounds like your A/F numbers are not set in the option for the range.
AEM wideband 0V = 10 and 5v= 20 which is set. So you don't think it has something to do with my ignition? The guy who sold me the pnp harness said I have to do the ignition mod (to retard or advance more than -6 degrees/+6 degrees but that doesn't make any sense, it should work without it.. I will do the mod anyway but there should be an other issue.

EDIT: I rechecked my A/F and when I start it shows now 18-19 to 1. So it leans out. Also my intake temp says 130 degrees Celcius, so I probably will have to change the min and max, you know how much 0v and 5v is? Likewise for the water temp which was +-30 celcius when it's only 8 outside. The inj input is also a lot lower than inj output.. but that's maybe because of the settings ?

·
12,147 Posts
Yes, you will have to use the ignition circuit to get more than 6degrees of timing. I actually just made one for my 7m car, and have plans to install the emanage soon to do some quick tests.

If injector input and output are different, and none of the maps are adjusted it's the injector size that you entered.

For instance, if you put 440 original injector and you have 550 as new injectors it simply scales everything including start pluse width. In my case with mk4 550's i woudl normally put in 520CC injectors to keep things happy as at 550 it ran too lean. Stock injectors were 440... Depening on the injectors you have you may have to be much more agressive. My 1300 FID injectors have ZERO adjustment to the injector size and no fuel aded for idle becuase it's NON liner for idle beucase the injectors are so big. So I pull no fuel at idle and start up even though my injectors are more than twice the size of the originals. I start pulling fuel when I get up in boost and rpm where it's injecting way more fuel then I need...

Again depending on the type of injectors, you have to play with things on the emanage and really understand how it's working behind the scenes.

Adjusting the injector maps do not affect start up fueling, adjusting the original injector size and after size along with lag time really messes around with startup. This is where most people get it wrong who have had issues with larger injectors and cold start on Emanage ultimate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts