Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed one of these "engine start" buttons on their Supras.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7959337223&rd=1

I was just wondering since they are pretty cool looking. I know the best place is the lighter but I use mine for my phone charger and radar detector so I was wondering where else to put one. If anyone has done this can you please post a pic.
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
it's retarted since you have to put your keys on the "on" position before you can push start. lol.

since the key is already on...why not just start the damn car?

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kroze said:
it's retarted since you have to put your keys on the "on" position before you can push start. lol.

since the key is already on...why not just start the damn car?
I know, I know, I know...I just think it looks cool and wanted to see if anybody has done this to see how it looks.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
I saw some guy post a pic of his particular installation. He had it in the the cig lighter spot. Honestly, it looked really out of place, but a start engine button is still pretty cool.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
for some reason my car won't start somtimes, with the key. Just clicks... I think its either the ign. switch or the wire from the switch to the starter. Anyway, that's besides the point.

I didn't want to have to have someone jump me everytime the car wouldn't start, cuz its stupidly random.

My solution:

Got the button from the headlight washer nozels off a junked car that had headlight washer nozels (mine doesn't) Hooked a relay up from the battery to the starter, and the other part of the relay to the battery and the switch. Whenever I hit the switch the starter goes 'start!' of course the key has to be in on.

difficulty? Easssy :)

would I have done it if it was not nessesary? Hell no :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts