Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just figured I would give an update... finally got a harness on Friday evening, and I got the engine/clutch/tranny together and in late Saturday night. I have half the hooking-up work done. Given no problems, I hope to be done by sometime at the end of next week.

Here are some bad pics from 12:45am:

Here are my greddy boost and EGT set into the dash:

More pics later with progress and cleaning.

Justin

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
old man celica said:
awesome...is it a usdm engine?
Yes... list of mods to engine and car.

Body
--new paint
--new weatherstripping
--all new windows
--4runner hood scoop
--19'' Axis Milanos

Engine
--USDM tt engine
--RPS max pressure plate and clutch
--ARP headstuds
--Complete TTC w/ sensors, vsv's, butterflies and pressure tank removed
--Coolant bypass
--TRAC butterfly removed
--EGR removal
--RMM DP
--Blitz catback
--TRD strut tower
--Polished stuff by myself
--Custom IC sprayer 50/50 water/alcohol

Interior
--Greddy boost and EGT in dash
--TRD 10k tach
--TRD 5speed shortshifter
--PA system
--HKS turbo timer

I should have soon a BCC and mbc going in if all checks out 100%.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sold it

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
So wait a minute. You went NA-T right? And now your doing a TT Swap? What happened to your NA-T Kit. You got if from Boostlogic didn't you? I'm confused.

L

·
0 Posts
ive hear people putting tt blocks with na head and swap the rear and get 6spd would it b cheaper to do this or just get a tt swap for na car

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
begone So wait a minute. You went NA-T right? And now your doing a TT Swap? What happened to your NA-T Kit. You got if from Boostlogic didn't you? I'm confused.
I had a DaveH kit and sold it to do a tt engine swap.

hardtopsilver very nice who did all the work?
Me :D

ive hear people putting tt blocks with na head and swap the rear and get 6spd would it b cheaper to do this or just get a tt swap for na car
There is no advantage to just swapping in a bottom block unless you want to go distributorless, want better compression without a headgasket thicker than the stock TT, want oil squirters. In all, a whole swap or just doing the tt rear on your NA-T is a better idea.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
I bought justin's na-t kit!! Works great!!! :) would like more boost but i need bigger injectors.. :(

justin,
lookin very good!!!!
i bet your itchin to get the supra running!!

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jr24dawg said:
I bought justin's na-t kit!! Works great!!! :) would like more boost but i need bigger injectors.. :(

justin,
lookin very good!!!!
i bet your itchin to get the supra running!!
I'm glad the kit is working well for you.

Actually, I am kind of scared because as long as I don't try to start it everything could be fine; I am worried that some small forgotten step will start me back from square one, or some electronic issue will leave me clueless.

It is 3:00am, and I just finished putting the rest together. Tomarrow I need to do the 12V mod, get some hose clamps, buy fluids and put in the battery... still waiting on two oil return hoses from Curt A.... should be here tomarrow. Then I am going to try to crank her over.

More pics to come of course. Late.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, it wasn't too hard. Instead of cutting a hole with a circular bit and slidding them in the holes, I also cut holes in a piece of plexiglass then I slid them into there and placed the unit on the back of the dash/holes... then I made holes for screws. It wasn't too bad and it looks rearlly clean.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Hey, quick question..

How many ground straps are there in the TT harness? I think I missed one, I'm chasing down a ground problem on my swap. Were there 2 on the intake side, or just one (near the front of the intake manifold)?

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
Your lucky you get to experience both na-t and TT ;)

When you up and running be sure to write an article on the differences- pro/cons of both to you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts