Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im doing an engine swap between 2 1987 supras. one was set up for a turbo though and im wondering if this could cause some difficulties the one that was set up for a turbo is having a non turbo engine installed please post back asap if any of you have any tips/advice lol please post this as well

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i went to a mechanic and asked him a question about it and he was saying that the turbo will probably have a different head and alot of the time you cant just switch a non turbo engine and a turbo engine because of different compression ratios or something

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Check www.4cefed.com ... Thats dr. jones site and has a good writeup on the NA-> turbo swap.. Just everything you take off for the na->turbo swap put in the other car and will be good to go..

If you do the whole swap, Turbo engine and tranny wiring harness ecu... over to the new car you wont have to worry about any of that. It will basically be a turbo car.

D

·
0 Posts
supraray said:
the one that was set up for a turbo is having a non turbo engine installed
I'm sorry, are you saying that you are going from Turbo to NA? or NA to Turbo?...just want to clarify.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
like it says on jonez site, there are VERY few differences

The only difference between the two heads are the exhaust cam, so don't worry 'bout that

swap the ecu and everything else 'turbo' and you'll be fine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cool thanks Turbo to AS but i do plan on switching the head to a turbo later on down the road but right now i really just want the car to run lol so just switch out engines and the ecu right?

·
Registered
454 Posts
supraray said:
ok cool thanks Turbo to AS but i do plan on switching the head to a turbo later on down the road but right now i really just want the car to run lol so just switch out engines and the ecu right?
If its a direct swap (complete engine) then yes, just grab the motor/ecu from one car and drop it in the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts