Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just had a question for alot of you guys on engine swaps. Ive been thinking creativly and thinking what would be a practical engine swap that would be a little better then the present NA engine. I know its strong as hell and maybe im insane but possibly the 3S-GTE engine with ALOT of stuff done to it might work say if its over 500 horses. My second idea was maybe a Lexus V8 engine swap dont they have a 4.7 and now a 5.0 or am i not right there? With forced induciton on that V8 you can probably make some pretty damn impressive numbers. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of this ever being done and if so how it worked out or maybe a link.
Thanks

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Hey brett_turbo, how ya doin'. I'm not too sure about the V8 swap. Space? Besides Toyota doesn't have a manual for it! Check out fusionA in n/a's represent yourself! This may be closer to your performance goals & closer your cars balance. Re: threadid4476 :aroused:

F

·
0 Posts
as far as engine swap with a v8, that would be very difficult. with just the inline 6 there isnt much room for anything. wut i was going to do before retuning my ecu was putting just the v8 short block from an sc400 in place of the stock supra short block. This takes alot of work in that you have to resleeve the compression valves and do a bit of work with the cylinder chambers. this i heard gives you crazy mad low and high end torque while keeping the compression at around 10:0:1 i believe. i chose not to do it because i decided to high tune my ecu and add a turbo.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
engine swaps

Come to think of it, there is a mkII a the Sonic site that has a Chevy small block in it. I was told by the Toy Store tha the shock towers wouldn't permit it. Guess we can through that one out!
Anyway dollar to dollar, I think a turbo kit on a healthy na should would give the desired results: low 13's to high 11's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts