Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally moved the car over to my friends house to begin teardown. The project began at ~8pm I spent most of the time getting that damn intake off and finally I pulled all the plugs. #1,3-6 were black from oil #2 was black with aluminum specs. We then jacked the car up and drained all the fluids with the exception of the tranny fluid. Motor oil came out normal, I was surprized I was expecting metal shavings BUT thats a good thing there wasnt any. We then drained the radiator fluid and it had some oil in it meaning i probably blew the head gasket. Then came the real fun part engine wireing harness!! NOT. Which reminds me does anyone know if the harness comes out with the engine or is there some way to get that damn thing off the engine first? after unplugging what seemed like 1,000,000 conectors we gave up and called it a day at 12:30. Ill find my camera tomorrow and start snappin pics.

one more thing, ANYONE with the repair manual i need the torque specs for everything engine related, if you could scan those pages and post them that would be greeeeaaaaat. :D

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Maybe you got lucky and all that happened is the HG is blown! *fingers crossed*. You can disconnect the harness at the ecu and pull it out through the firewall. It's a bit of a challenge getting the connectors back through the firewall when you put it back together. It's not that to remove from the engine either, once you have the upper intake off you can get at all the plugs pretty easily.... but you have to leave the lower intake in the engine compartment when you remove the engine from the car since the harness runs through it. I'll try to remember to bring my manual in and scan the torque spec pages.... but you should really have a manual there to do this.. :D

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave! :D I would like to have a manual but i dont feel like giving toyota ANOTHER $150 for a damn book lol. Hopefully after this venture ill know what to do whatever the situation may be :D

Thanks again,

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts