Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my friends dad finally got tired of my car just sitting in his barn so he went over to the toyota dealership and borrowed that damn head bolt bit. So the head IS off now and we have found the problem. I burned a hole in the #2 piston on the 2nd exhaust valve area the hole is decently sized at ~3mm long by ~1mm wide. There is also a 4-5mm chunk just above the hole that is missing. We figured the debrise just flew out the exahust, there was no block damage just a little burn scar where it was running just little lean :eek: same for the valves they were a little white in color :rolleyes: The headgasket was just fine, I guess you could say I got lucky only damaging one piston. Unfortunantly the whole motor has to come out but once again it could be worse.

naaawwwsssssssssss is bad mmmmmk:p :D

·
ABM
497 Posts
good to hear your problem isn't as bad as it could've been 93MSB. just one question, running lean can be a quick detonation. you didn't have an air/fuel ratio gauge to monitor the NOS? is there any damage to the alternator? naWWs is good in my book!! :D :D hehe. for the meantime.....

D

·
0 Posts
93MSB,
one question...are you going to run Nitrous again when you get your car back up and running?lol I guess im taking a chance here.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
:( Sorry to hear about your bottom & top end problems. Since you need a rebuild/engine replacement, would you consider a built J2ZE? The cost of higher comp pistons, competition head work, might not seem so exorbitant added to the price of a basic rebuild.;)

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DanSupraMan said:
93MSB,
one question...are you going to run Nitrous again when you get your car back up and running?lol I guess im taking a chance here.
Nope, Im done with nitrous

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vreaux728645 said:
:( Sorry to hear about your bottom & top end problems. Since you need a rebuild/engine replacement, would you consider a built J2ZE? The cost of higher comp pistons, competition head work, might not seem so exorbitant added to the price of a basic rebuild.;)
Its just the block that is damaged (i worded the post kinda funny) So this is what im going to do, im going to take it to a machine shop and have them bore it out as much as possible then get some new pistons and rings and be done with it

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a few pics not sure of what though they are on my friends camera, next time i see him ill have him upload them for me.

Anyone happen to know how much machine work is going to cost me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts