Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just wondering what yer engine temp is on lets say and 80 degree day and after a couple hours of driving. I just wanna know what is a safe temp and what is not. let me know thanks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
mine never moves from the middle, but im n/a. Hope that helps.

·
I'm rich bitch.
653 Posts
Mine stays between 190-210.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Mine stays fairly cold, about 4-5 notches up is my operating temp (Dunno what the degrees is). I've eliminated a lot of underhood heat :hug:
Even after 1 1/2 hour drive (Ranging from 40 mph traffic to 140 mph craziness) my temp needle doesn't budge.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
let me set this straight first! I also have an aftermarket gauge(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!)

from 160 deg to 210 deg the stock gauge needle does not move at all! So that right tells you how accurate it is.
If your stock gauge shoots up to the red then it is over. Now moving on to the ?, my car runs between 180 - 200 with a 180 stat on a hot day.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aight kool guys mine is runnin between 180 and 210 on warm days but at night it usually doesnt move past 180 i was just makin sure cause i really didnt know what the stock temp was so thanks for the input.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
yeap mine runs on a constant 190 most of the time and goes to 210 on traffic driving...

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
thermostat
starts to open 187-194 degrees F
fully open at 212 degrees F

I just picked up a 180 degree thermostat. makes the car run 10 degrees cooler. My car was running very hot because I had no fan shroud and a little increased power. Now when it really starts to get hot its still in a safe range. It has a lot more room for error. And the stock temp gauage does not move between 160-220. I would recomend picking up a better guage and a cooler thermostat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts