Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just rebilt a 1988 toyota supra i turn it is really hard to turn over it pops and such then when it turns over it shoots to 2000 rpms then stalls then it runs like shit but if i step on it shoots up but if the rpm drop below 1000 or alittle higher it cuts off
i thing that it has some thing to do with the timing and maby a leek in the intercooler pipes

plz help thank you
need it for a date sunday to impress :cuddle: :bigthumb:

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i dont have a clamp on the hose that is on the turbo to the inercooler could that make it hard to turn over and not wanna stay running. im at work and every min. i have to work on it counts so i hope to fix it tonight when i get home from work at 9.... i could not find a vaccuum leak. the other thing it that it ran before the engine was pulled. and the timing is cams at 12 oclook and the crank at 0 and when the fist pist is at top dead center right

· Registered
355 Posts
For the cam sensor.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=24

To set timing.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=20

Again, take the belt off and set the crank to 10 degrees and the cams at 12.
Are you sure you set the Timing Belt up at Crank 10degrees BTDC and the Cams at 12 oclock position or is it the cam position sensor that you set with you timing light to read at 10 degrees BTDC on number 1 Spark plug wire? Cause mine is set at 0TDC and 12 position on cams and the CPS shows 10BTDC. I don't know just asking!

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so sould i set it at 0 or 10 then when the car is rotating then put the timing light on it to get it just right????

· Resetting
2,020 Posts
ummm...set it to 0 set the cps to the notch and dot where it kinda clicks into place stick it in, no ****, then you should be golden unless you trying to pull timing or advance...if so, then i can help you.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:stupid: really is that necessary?? "****" arnt we past that are me 12 years old?? i ask a Q: and you respond with a tasteless sarcastic remark.... wow i would try to be offended but i am comfortable with my sexuality(i have a supra im not trying to impress guys so do the math :) ).. on that note when a gay or homosexual walks into a room do feel like he is directly attracted to you if so maby you may looking into maby re evaluating your self. now if you think maby you feel like you can play nice with the other children then you can get out dunce chair. (if you dont know what that is then maby you sould go back to school after all you are in need of being schooled..... oh wait i think you just were....) :idhitit:

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
:stupid: really is that necessary?? "****" arnt we past that are me 12 years old?? i ask a Q: and you respond with a tasteless sarcastic remark.... wow i would try to be offended but i am comfortable with my sexuality(i have a supra im not trying to impress guys so do the math :) ).. on that note when a gay or homosexual walks into a room do feel like he is directly attracted to you if so maby you may looking into maby re evaluating your self. now if you think maby you feel like you can play nice with the other children then you can get out dunce chair. (if you dont know what that is then maby you sould go back to school after all you are in need of being schooled..... oh wait i think you just were....) :idhitit:
:idhitit: :hay: :love: :kekegay: :ghey:

· Resetting
2,020 Posts
whoa...i wasnt reffering to you being gay... was referring to a cam'ron joke...but guess you didn't get it. You seem to be very insecure looking at the way you jump to conclusions.....its all good though. This is the internet and people tend to have hella muscles on here n act hard, so no biggie. As far as being schooled, i think you need to school yourself on some basic shit...spelling skills sorely lacking, n setting timing? Are u fucking serious? geeze... Good luck with timing your car homie.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Yea its easy...just put the exhaust and intake cam on the notches up top...but make sure that piston 1 is at compression meaning all the way up...then from there mover the cams to the notches and the timing belt...set the cam positioning sensor to the way it says on the tsrm.(little notch) then make sure the whole cps is located in the middle where it goes in...from there start it and use a timing light and adjust it to 10....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.