Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my story. this motor is out on an 87 turbo, with BAD rod knock. i rebuilt it and plastigauged every thing. i put it in the car sunday and started in monday. it started up after a few cranks idles fine and then i went to rev it up and it only went to 2000 and then back down to 1000 and up and down. i checked the timing as best i could with out timing light. i didnt have one right there. i check for leaks and found 1 which i fixed. i check all vac lines (i have no egr at all) no leaks. i swaped in different afm electronics no change. help please and also when i push in the clutch it makes like a rattleing noise and it is a stock chutch all new well 3000 miles on it please help. supra has been down since fathers day last year

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
afm is pluged in and i will adjust tps but what section is that in the the tsrm i am looking at it now

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Check your accordion hose and all other rubber lines for cracks, leaks, etc. as well. I had blown IC hose and it acted the same way yours is acting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and by the way when i do get is rolling it wants to boost at like 1200 to 1800. in third down a hill to my house i was at 1200 and boost was at 5 pis explain that i cant

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do taht tomarrow it is now dark out and i am tired of that damn 7m

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone else have any solutions please

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tps was the prob not on correctly the i fixed it and all was good. then i took it for a ride andi was in 3rd boosting and the i heard a pop and the car died and when i restarted it i was barly running and when i would push gas pedal to the floor it would stall a 1500 rpms and it is now running really insane rich. i check for blown ic pipe but none. the only one i could not check was the one right off the turbo due to being so hot, i am going in a bit to try again and fix the damn thing. i am so frustrated and pissed arrrgggghhhh

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
probably your ic pipe off the turbo.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
yea, you def. blew a charge pipe. Just check all the couplers out.

~scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts