Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· BOOBIES
6,282 Posts
Or you could just buy a used MR2 and save yourself tens of thousands of dollars...

Not to mention the embarrassment of driving that monstrosity.

· BOOBIES
6,282 Posts

· Registered
18,343 Posts
What so wrong about the car??!?!? Other than the POS VW engine (we all know how reliable VW's are)

· BOOBIES
6,282 Posts
What so wrong about the car??!?!? Other than the POS VW engine (we all know how reliable VW's are)
You don't think it screams MR2 Spyder???

· Registered
18,343 Posts
You don't think it screams MR2 Spyder???
It does resemble it, but then again the MR2 spyder looked a bit like a shorter, ugly-ish version of the Boxster.

· Proud MKIII Owner
4,173 Posts
Ugly!

· Registered
190 Posts
It does resemble it, but then again the MR2 spyder looked a bit like a shorter, ugly-ish version of the Boxster.
So does that make it an ugly imitation of an ugly imitation? :biggrin:

I think the sides of the car are terrible. It looks like one car sitting inside a sling, the way the front nose sits "inside" the front lip, same thing around the taillights.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Guilly your way too hard on VW. That engine is incredible. It won the International engine of the year award from 2005 through 2008. You should drive a vehicle equipped with one before you pass judgment.

http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/previous04.html

Oh, and I would buy the VW and save myself a bunch of money...

· Registered
190 Posts
Guilly your way too hard on VW. That engine is incredible. It won the International engine of the year award from 2005 through 2008. You should drive a vehicle equipped with one before you pass judgment.

If you're going to argue with Guilly, ya gotta come better armed than that. You don't see "long-term reliability" as one of the judging criteria, do you?

Have you priced these cars out? I did, and at equivalent option levels you're not really saving "a bunch of money" either way.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
If you're going to argue with Guilly, ya gotta come better armed than that. You don't see "long-term reliability" as one of the judging criteria, do you?

Have you priced these cars out? I did, and at equivalent option levels you're not really saving "a bunch of money" either way.
VW doesn't have reliability issues with their engines, and the 2.0 FSI engine is what I am specifically talking about. If it won 4 years in a row, then it must be pretty reliable because if they were blowing up left and right then they would probably pick up on that...

· Who's the Master?!
6,272 Posts
The 2.0TFSI is a pretty stout and rather reliable little motor, so I don't think that really applies in this case (unless there's something I don't know about). If you said anything else, I'd agree with you!

· Registered
18,343 Posts

I have driven plenty of diesel VW's, not impressed.

I am overly hard on VW (I am an admitted VW hater) but there's a reason for it, their quality/dependability sucks big time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.