Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle: 1997 TT 6 spd.
Issue: Window rolls down erratically.
Searched: "Body Mechanical" and "Body Electrical" FSMs, Supra Forums.

SF posts do a nice job of diagnosing electrical problems and snapped regulator cables. My problem is a little different. When rolling the window down, 2" into downward travel it drops abruptly, about a 1/2". It continues unimpeded. Related issue: after releasing the window's down switch, the window will slowly travel another 1/4" to 1/2" before coming to a stop. No binding sounds.

I've taken apart the door panel and can't find any obvious loose parts on the track, regulator, window stops, or otherwise. There is some play in the window on the center track; I can slightly rock it back and forth.

I'm unsure of whether the regulator, track, or other part is the issue. Also, when removing the glass, do I unbolt the regulator or the window from it's track first? "Body Mechanical" FSM didn't specify. Thanks again all!

Tony

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,555 Posts
Also, when removing the glass, do I unbolt the regulator or the window from it's track first?
IIRC, you unbolt the glass from the track first and pull it out the top of the door.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update: installed a new regulator, good to go, problem solved. The cables and pulley were worn. Tempted to have the original rebuilt as a spare. I also sprayed some silicon lube in the glass tracks while I was in there. Write-up and pictures to follow. I went to replace the thin plastic door seal film as the old one ripped and fell apart. The new OEM replacement didn't have any adhesive. Is that a separate part number? Or is there a better solution to stick it back to the door? Thanks.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts