Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas.
I am faced with a nice brain breaker in here. Maye someone can help me out on this?
I get error code 42 (wich is the speed sensor). Most of the time it is about a bad solder pin in the dash at the odometer. I know that.. :rolleyes:
BUT I have resoldered all pins in there on the PCB AND made even a jumper cable from #5 to #6 as described in the speed senor repair thread...

In addition to that the speedo drops to "0" from time to time and a gentle push on the odometer-section is getting it back to work isntantly....Weird, uh?

After all I have resetted the ECU 2 times already and each time after more or less exactly 20mls of driving the "!" is coming back on in conjunction with TRAC and CEL... And error 42 is back again.... ARGGG :ugh2:

What elese could it be??

BTW: The speed is being shown in my AVC-R all the time properly....

THX
Gerd

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hefti2 said:
In addition to that the speedo drops to "0" from time to time and a gentle push on the odometer-section is getting it back to work isntantly....Weird, uh?
This makes me think that maybe it is the wires in the the plug. One could be loose, not properly contacting the pins unless you push on the front of the odometer. :dunno:

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I thought of that also already...Strange is that the "!" was both time popping up after more or less exactly 20mls of driving after reset..Man, that sucks..
Does someone know where in the chain the speedo is hooked up? Is it in parallel to the ECU after the odo section?
I will try to connect pin 5 and 6 right in the connector housing this time... Maybe this helps any further....
Any other input, guys?
Gerd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts