Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the second time in 2 weeks the car has fired the \!/, trac off, and CEL light so I check the codes and it pulls 42 and 71 (VSS and EGR trouble code). I check vac hoses and cant find anything, so far the only thing the car does is the idle higher than it should sometimes but not always. I am stumped as to what could cause this, the egr is in tact and the speedo hasnt given out. I reset the ecm after the first issue so I know this isnt old codes.

any ideas ?

·
Registered
872 Posts
does your cruise control work ?
If not I know exactly what your problem is.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cruise doesnt work, but it hasnt worked since I bought it 4 months ago and this is the first time these codes have popped up. I know about the wire splice fix (just havent had the time to do it) but I cant imagine that causing the error codes ?

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Definitely do the wire splice. It could just be an intermitent problem, but the wire splice should fix it. That may take care of code 71 anyway.

As for the EGR....is yours still hooked up? Or has the plug been pulled and resistors put in its place?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EGR hasnt been disabled and is all still hooked up, thats what threw me on that code...

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
lol just yank that egr shit out and put the resistor then. problem solved :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about that too, but I got enough problems with the emissions nazis down here.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
I tried search...what's the deal with the wire splice thing? Never heard of that before. I get a code 71 every now and than...usually only if the car is sitting outside in the sun for the day. Cruise doesn't work either :1poke:

Mark

·
Registered
872 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts