Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been testing my ET Street Radials for a little bit now at different tire pressures and have been running on the same flat land of road to make sure everything stays the same. I have been using my Pioneer AVIC-N1 Navigation system to monitor G's.

I will just give a quick rundown of my findings on the ET Street Radials first:

(Street) 25lbs in the tires netted 1.18-1.20G's pretty much everytime on the street
(Street) 20lbs in the tires netted 1.18-1.20G's as well
(Street) 13lbs in the tires netted 1.18-1.20G's as well
(Track) 15lbs in the tires netted 1.24G's

Here are my Normal ET Street Findings:

(Street) 23lbs in the tires netted 1.21G's
(Street) 18lbs in the tires netted 1.27G's+ (Peaked the meter)
(Street) 17lbs in the tires netted 1.27G's+ (Peaked the meter)

I will get the Normal Et Streets to the track here sometime...I am kind of anxious to see what kind of 60' times I can now do with the Normal ET Streets with this Carbon Carbon Clutch.
All of the above testing was done with the Carbon Carbon Clutch which lets me take off MUCH better since I can slip it.

I personally think the ET Street Radials CAN be good at the track, but you have to have a really good track prep. I personally like the ET Streets because everything don't have to be perfect for them to hook really well. They are much more consistent which is what I really like.

Hope this helps. I will keep this updated if I get anymore testing done at lower pressures on the street. I guess I need some kind of meter that goes above and beyond 1.27G's plus.

Take Care

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW...all the tests were with no heating of the tires except for the heat that just gets transferred from normal driving.

...except for the track run with the ET Street Radials.

Take Care

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suprasarecool said:
how much power did your stock twins make when you ran 11.2? mind listing the mods? thats very impressive.
The car made 496HP/527TQ ACTUAL and that was VERY close to the temp and altitude when I ran the [email protected] I think the 60' was like a 1.65 using ET Streets...26x11.5x16" which is 9.7" wide.

Hope that helps.

Take Care

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
stock ecu with that bpu time?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
jt granberry said:
stock ecu with that bpu time?
me and tony both had the basic bpu mods and stock ecu to achieve our bpu records. cars must have been made on a wed.

thanks for the tire comparison tony.

·
1500+ rwhp member
912 Posts
Still wondering about et streets with your street radial tires up front. I have heard that this can be a problem. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
uask4it said:
Still wondering about et streets with your street radial tires up front. I have heard that this can be a problem. Anyone?
It gets a bit "fishtailish", but it's not like the car will explode in a ball of flame if you run radials up front.

·
1500+ rwhp member
912 Posts
FYRARMS said:
It gets a bit "fishtailish", but it's not like the car will explode in a ball of flame if you run radials up front.
I realize that! I am asking because I have heard from a few other members that its a scary ride at the end of the track.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry about not posting on this, but I have been out of town and just got an internet connection.:)

I have the CCW skinnies up front now. I have ran with normal radials up front a long time ago and didn't notice too awful much of the swaying, but there was some for sure. It was manageable even with the normal radial tires up front is what I am trying to say.:)

Hope that helps.

Take Care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts