Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track today and tried 11.5lbs in the ET Streets and heated them up really well. Took off and first gear spun pretty good...when I pulled 2nd it came around on me and I immediately had to let off. I then tried to just roll into 3rd gear and as soon as boost hit it came around on me again. It has never done that to me before at 20lbs with the ET Streets, but I guess that is what 27lbs of boost does.:D
Tried 10lbs in the ET Streets and did just slightly better, but pretty much did the same thing. I couldn't even get CLOSE to the 1/8 mile before the car wanted to come around all the time.

I have 27" ET Streets in the garage ready to go on the car. My question is will they help out with my situation now of having too much power? Will the bigger sidewall help tremendously?

The temp at the track today was about 50 degrees and they VHT't it as well...not the whole way down the track or anything like that though.
Oh yea...the only suspension work I have done is springs which just lower the car.

Thanks for reading. Appreciate it.

Later

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Well, there's always HKS drag suspension or similar in the rear. :cool: Depends on how serious you are about dragging. I would say you obviously have a real talent for getting awesome ETs out of relativley low HP, you could go all out with your suspension and go to another level!! Road race style suspension doesn't help at the strip. It couldnt' hurt to try the 27s though, or maybe you need ET Drags. :D

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Use a wider rear wheel and get skinnies. I have 10in rear wheels and I've never had a problem getting the car down the track. With 9in bogarts and full size fronts I used to have to lift every once in awhile...

I think road race suspension does pretty well:)

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOTM said:
Use a wider rear wheel and get skinnies. I have 10in rear wheels and I've never had a problem getting the car down the track. With 9in bogarts and full size fronts I used to have to lift every once in awhile...

I think road race suspension does pretty well:)
Yea...I think my wheels are only 8" wide tops. I will have to find something wider now...so you recommend 10" wide wheels...you are running a 9.8" ET Street correct? 26x11.5x16?

Thanks Ryan

Later

·
Keeper of the Ring
1,150 Posts
Wow, too much power, what a problem,lol

Titan Motorsports Supra without the aid of nitrous (957.4 RWHP; 779.4 torque) and then--boom!--shattered the record with nitrous (1,121.6 RWHP; 931.1 torque).

Try what he's using,,, lol. and wouldn't this be the fastest 6 Spd Supra?

" Power transfer is handled by the factory six-speed tranny, enhanced with a B&M shifter, Tilton triple-disc carbon/carbon clutch and a Hurst line lock. "

"325/50-15 BFGoodrich Drag Radials"

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Olivier Caza said:
What kind of times did you came up with Tony? I know they must not be good...but just for fun!! ;) :D

-Olivier
Letting off in 2nd gear...trying to roll into 3rd gear until the boost came on and then having to let off again...all this happening quite a ways before the 1/8 mile. After feeling it starting to go sideways a couple times I just kind of rolled it on down the track to a [email protected]:)

Later

·
Keeper of the Ring
1,150 Posts
Haven't been keeping up on ya bro.

Have you ever dyno'd the car yet w/ and w/out NOS, like all out boost? Talked to Steve last night, he got a Mustang was it?

Remember the days of the fastest stock turbo Supra ( seen here)? Then there was you. Chris Bergemann shop is right here near me. Looks like he added a T78 and still landed a 11 second?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Re: Haven't been keeping up on ya bro.

ZBlacktt said:
Have you every dyno'd the car yet w/ and w/out NOS, like all out boost? Talked to Steve last night, he got a Mustang was it?

Remember the days of the fastest stock turbo Supra ( seen here)? Then there was you. Chris Bergemann shop is right here near me. Looks like he added a T78 and still landed a 11 second?
Took the nitrous completely off the car. There is only so much power that I will need and at this point in time I don't think I need the aid of nitrous. I have not ever sprayed nitrous on the single turbo.
The only dynoing I have done with it is at 10lbs, 12.5lbs and 16lbs. It was gaining 30hp/lb of boost all the way up to 16lbs. I stopped at that point because my FP was a little low. Anyway, at 16lbs it put down 490rwhp with the 3" ID dp/mp. I now have a 4" OD 3.8" ID custom built dp/mp...not sure of the gains yet IF there are any.

Yea...I heard his shop was right there near you. It seems that stock turbos without nitrous can go 11.4, but not 11.2.;) That is what I "heard" anyway. I might be wrong about that though.

Later

S

·
0 Posts
What kind of power are you making? I never had any problems going down the track with the 26/10.5-16 ET-Streets in this little t-62 car I use to drive([email protected])that went 10.60's. Hell I've actually been 1.49 60-foot on stock suspension with a six-speed. Maybe its worth looking to see if you got something loose in the rear suspension thats making it ack funny going down track or maybe the track just sucked that night. Good luck to you getting it lined out.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SJ-KY said:
What kind of power are you making? I never had any problems going down the track with the 26/10.5-16 ET-Streets in this little t-62 car I use to drive([email protected])that went 10.60's. Hell I've actually been 1.49 60-foot on stock suspension with a six-speed. Maybe its worth looking to see if you got something loose in the rear suspension thats making it ack funny going down track or maybe the track just sucked that night. Good luck to you getting it lined out.
I am not sure what power the car has now, but with only 20lbs of boost the car has went 130mph in the 1/4 on many occassions hitting the rev limiter at the 1000' mark at the same track, on the same tire setup, but when it was warmer out. The 60' times were in the lower 1.6's, but it was spinning then too...just never had a spinning problem after getting out of first gear.:)

Since I have installed the rail and injectors and turned up the boost to around 27-28lbs the tires are spinning now going down the track in 2nd and 3rd gear. Maybe if it was warmer out it would help it, or like Ryan W suggested...get some wider wheels? This was the very first time to the track with the boost turned up.

Thanks for the reply. Very much appreciated.

Later

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SJ-KY said:
How wide are your wheels?

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
I ran the car at first on some 8in wide BBS Rims.Then we switched over to some Bogarts that were 9in wide and truthfully I couldent tell a difference(this was with the same tire). You made a good choice on going with the taller tire,you should make it threw the traps now without tapping the rev-limiter.
But then again I guess you'll probably go a bit faster up top since you got the boost turned up(should be close anyway).

·
Registered
422 Posts
That sucks Tony.

I had the same problem when I was running the 26x10.5x16. I switched to the 26x11.5x15 and haven't had the problem since. I also switched back to the stock springs. But when the track gets cold "30's for overnight temps", there isn't much you can do. At 11 and 10 psi the tires will really walk around as you found out.

I'm going to try and make it down to KC in the next couple of weeks. I need to try out the Tilton before winter.

S

·
0 Posts
O'yea buy the way. Are you in the groove when you leave the line and do you stay in it going down track? Sometimes if the track is not prepared properly its like being on Ice if you get out of it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Since you're on lowering springs how is your car squating? Do you still have stock rear springs that you could try going back to since they're probably softer?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dblegle said:
That sucks Tony.

I had the same problem when I was running the 26x10.5x16. I switched to the 26x11.5x15 and haven't had the problem since. I also switched back to the stock springs. But when the track gets cold "30's for overnight temps", there isn't much you can do. At 11 and 10 psi the tires will really walk around as you found out.

I'm going to try and make it down to KC in the next couple of weeks. I need to try out the Tilton before winter.
My last set of ET Streets were 26x11.5x16, but I figured I would match my wheels better, so I opted for the 26x10.5x16 ET Streets this time around. Worked fine with 20psi of boost, but when I turned it up...different story.

Yea...the track temp was actually in the 40's today, so I am sure that didn't help. What size rims are you running with your 26x11.5x16" ET Streets? What kind of times have you ran with them and in what is the minimum track temp they will work?

Hit me up when you are coming down. I can probably find a couple street races if you like. You like racing bikes? Seems that is all there is to race on the streets at the power level that I am at now.

Thanks for the input.

Later

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SJ-KY said:
I ran the car at first on some 8in wide BBS Rims.Then we switched over to some Bogarts that were 9in wide and truthfully I couldent tell a difference(this was with the same tire). You made a good choice on going with the taller tire,you should make it threw the traps now without tapping the rev-limiter.
But then again I guess you'll probably go a bit faster up top since you got the boost turned up(should be close anyway).
I think my rims are actually 7.5" wide...they are BBS rims as well. By calculation the taller tire will give me about 7mph at the same RPM. If I need anymore than that I can either go with a 28" tire, or raise the rev limiter.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SJ-KY said:
O'yea buy the way. Are you in the groove when you leave the line and do you stay in it going down track? Sometimes if the track is not prepared properly its like being on Ice if you get out of it.
I am not sure...never had to pay attention to that before with lower boost. I will look for that next time. This track has just been resurfaced as well, so I don't know if there is much of a "groove" or not.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FattyCBR said:
Since you're on lowering springs how is your car squating? Do you still have stock rear springs that you could try going back to since they're probably softer?
I do still have the stock springs, but would rather try and get the lowering springs to work if I could. The car squats down pretty far though...I do know that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts