Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the M/T ET Streets drag slicks. Are they DOT approved because people actually drive on public roads with them on? Or were they made DOT by M/T so racers can use them in "streetire" class races?

I live about 2 hours from the nearest track, 100 miles of backroads averaging 45mph. I plan on driving there with the slicks on, I don't have room to take them with me and put them on at the track. Has anyone driven a good distance with these slicks on? What psi should I set the tires to for the roadtrip there? Thanks.

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I know that they are DOT approved, I was just wondering if I can actually drive on public roads with them on? I have to drive 100 miles to the nearest track.

·
Registered
769 Posts
yeah, u can drive on public roads..that's what the DOT approval is all about. I don't know if I'd go on the highway with the normal streets though, as they're bias-ply.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Just don't try to take turns at a 100mph and you should be fine. Take it easy with them as they aren't the best handling tires.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think my ET Streets say max psi of 20. Don't think 28-30 would be wise. Unless it's the ET radial your talking about.

·
Registered
132 Posts
T6Rocket said:
There is no max of 20 psi. Take turns at 100 MPH? You cant even take an off-ramp at 35 if you have them on 20 psi! It feels like the back end is going to come around!

Al
It says max load 1476lbs at 20psi cold....what exactly does that mean then? Is it safe to go above that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts