Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you run ET streets with stock front tires?I currently run BFG 315-35-17 drag radials.I want to get the new ET streets 270-45-17, 26 inches tall.Will my normal 245-40-18 be ok up front or do i need skinnys to make it run straight?
Will the 270`s hook as well as the wider 315`s?
I now run 14 lbs of air in the BFG`s what is a good preassure for the streets?

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
the skinny's are mainly a weight saving thing... on a few of my fathers cars he ran normal width tire and wheels in the front with no ill effects... jay

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
jaynite said:
the skinny's are mainly a weight saving thing... on a few of my fathers cars he ran normal width tire and wheels in the front with no ill effects... jay
Uhh..skinnys are used to make the car track straight. If you are running a ET on the back and a radial up front then the car tends to get squirelly up top.....

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I have heard bias ply rears with radial fronts is a messy combo at higher speeds.

Adam

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Adrocktt said:
I have heard bias ply rears with radial fronts is a messy combo at higher speeds.

Adam
not true in all cases. i run ets in rear and toyo t1-s 235-40-18 in front and all is very stable. i run max psi in front 44psi and 12 psi in rear 16" ets. the first 60 its wobblely,mostly due to my rear goin bad but all on top is very barleable.look at my sig,even when i slam the brakes hard its stable.above 135mph traps its a lil bad,then i would slap the skinnes on.just my experience.

·
Registered
133 Posts
terry McCamie said:
thanks for responces seems there is a variance on opinions about need for skinnys?
I took my car to 140+ traps running radials on the front, it did ok. Skinnies cut down on the rolling resistance so your car will ET and trap a bit better, and the car will be easier to drive, but they arn't a total necesity.

·
Inline for the win
4,740 Posts
It would seem like there would be too much traction with the front versus the rear since you would have a larger contact surface with less sidewall flex.

The skinny will make the car track better(only straight line), weigh less , and would cut down the coefficient of friction on the front wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts