Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all of you guys running ET streets (not the drag radial) with the Rx7 wheels. Are all of you guys using skinnies? What tire pressures are you guys running in the front tires if you arent using skinnies? How low do you guys go with tire pressure with the et streets on the rx7wheels? Is the sway really that bad up top? I have a TRD LSD, would that make things better? Problem is im about to buy some rx7 wheels wiht ET streets, but i dont have front runners.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i survived the sway on the ets with stock fronts so far for 2 years and many,many passes. i set mine up like this start with 20 psi [cold]in rears and max inflate the fronts [45psi cold for my toyos] and then then work the rear tire pressure down from there . i have a 6 spd with stock lsd and that is mostly why i sway very bad up top.it would probably help to back up in the water box so the fronts dont get wet. i hear some guys runnin 55 psi in the fronts but seems a lil much to me.if the car is an auto it shouldnt be bad at all.

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see alot of people using radial tires in the front ,i just want to know how bad the sway is and what to expect. Im also using tein flex suspension. Hopefully my TRD LSD would help with less sway... I guess to make things worst, i have 265/35/18 in the front which is a pretty wide tire...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I got a set of ET Streets in '03. Made 4 passes on them, then yanked them back off the rims and lost about $130 re-selling them. Was scary as hell!

I dont know why anyone would consider ET Street bias-plies, when they now make M/T radials that hook just as good with good top-end stability. :dunno:

Al

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
T6Rocket said:
I got a set of ET Streets in '03. Made 4 passes on them, then yanked them back off the rims and lost about $130 re-selling them. Was scary as hell!

I dont know why anyone would consider ET Street bias-plies, when they now make M/T radials that hook just as good with good top-end stability. :dunno:

Al
I totall agree with Al. I bought a set of RX7 rims with ET Streets and ended up selling the them and buying ET Radials. I have drove the radials to ~155 and they feel just like regular radials.

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
Cool!

I'm going to try out my ET Street radials this weekend on the street. Can't wait.

Steve K.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Forgot to add that I got caught in the rain with them last Saturday going to the track. They did well in a light drizzle, and they actually hooked @14PSI(stock twins). I stopped on the wet road and just rolled into it pretty hard, they didnt even spin over.

Jason

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where is the cheapest to get the ET street radials online? The only reason why i ask about the ET streets is because they rx7 wheens im getting come with a set and i figured id use them until they wore out. Do the ETstreet radials hook as good as the regular ET streets?

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Just ask Al....T6 Rocket. He is making ALOT more power than me and his car seemed to hook well. My car hooks 10X better with these than my old BFG's.

Jason

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Hey Al, what mods do you have? I hear these et radials hook good but I'd like to know just how much power people are running. Hearing that they hook as good as et streets at bpu level is one thing, but hearing the same with cars running 800-1000+rwhp is a different story.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
cummins said:
Hey Al, what mods do you have? I hear these et radials hook good but I'd like to know just how much power people are running. Hearing that they hook as good as et streets at bpu level is one thing, but hearing the same with cars running 800-1000+rwhp is a different story.
Rick Head has ran well into the 7's on the M/T radials with his turbo'ed Camaro!

Al

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i use rx7 rims on my 28x11.50 x16 et street non radials.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
what about you other guys running the drag radials. You using Rx7 wheels or mk4 rims?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
when i use the m/t et street radials i used the stock 17" mk4 rim with the 275-40-17 m/t. but the 16' version on rx7 wheels is a bit more ideal for the track.iuse my 17"s for daily driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts