Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OG
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering if its just my car or if this is supposed to happen in ettc.

when I click over to true twin mode in idle, I can hear a weird intermittent noise that comes from under the hood. its kinda like a quiet rattle or screech. almost like something is loose or something. it sounds like its coming from the pressure tank area.

It only makes the noise when I first click over to true twin. there are no funny noises at idle when im in sequential mode.

as soon as I give it a little gas, the sound will go away at idle. its almost like the pressure tank needs to be pressurized to be quiet.

anyone else ever notice something like this?

the ettc mod works great for me and boosts perfectly. but the strange noises make me think that my pressure tank is on its last leg.

thanks for any feedback.

C

·
0 Posts
I have ettc and have noticed other weird things! I think that my sequential turbos spool the same as in TTC meaning I still get the first then the second in sewuential but when the second turbo comes on line (high boost) in sequential its at around the same RPM as when I am is TTC! I really do not understand why!

Can yo look at yours and tell me a RPM difference when the two diffenent setups come fully online?

Sorry for getting away from you topic but I have not noticed your problem but the next time I drive I will be conscientious about listening to for the noise you described! i have just been leaving it in sequential!

·
OG
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: ettc and weird noises in parallel mode at start up?

Elude said:
The first time you start the car you are suposed to run sequential and build boost, then without any load click to ETTC, i have never heard such noises as you describe except on the 1 -> 2 transision in sequential.

makes sense...

the pressure tank needs pressure to work correctly right? I think thats why the noises will go away once I give it a couple of quick revs.

I'll run in sequential first then switch to parallel and check if it still makes those noises. I dont think there are any noises when I do it this way.

also, can someone start up their car in parallel and check if they get those weird noises?

I just want to make sure that the sounds are normal if you start up in parallel or if mine is doing something weird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts