Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the ETTC mod done? If so, what results have you gotten with it? I am going to see if PHR or MVP will do this for me, as I don't have the tools/electrical knowledge. Please reply with possible shops in Texas and/or results you've had from this. Thanks in advance.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please reply with any info you may have.............besides the MKIV.com info.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maxprime,

the ETTC mod seems like a great mod for BPU cars for it enables the use of either sequential or TTC with just a switch away.

it's not that hard to do actually. i'm going to do this myself with the help of a friend who has recently done it.

just need some wires, saudering iron and a 6prong switch from RADIO SHACK or some other electronic store.

let me know if u have any questions, maybe i can help you out after i do this on my car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have not done this on my car yet, but from my experience driving and hearing a TTC car, it is louder than sequential set up.
it has a bit more lag on the lower end and spools up more gradual than the big kick of the #2 turbo @4-4500 rpm.
you should definetly do the ETTC mod, i don't know of any downside to it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know of any shops that would do this? Anyone in Texas especially?

·
Banned
336 Posts
E-TTC is so friggin easy, a monkey in somalia who got hit by a bag of anthrax could do it. All you need is cutters, electric tape and a switch. I installed mine in 15 min, and thats including a 3 min phone call inbetween the cutting and finding the switch. Dont pay people to do everything on your car, do it yourself, learn your car.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wo fella, I was going to PHR anyways and wanted to see if they had done it for them. Where did you mount your switch? Also, I don't have my tools w/ me (college), what tools are needed for the install? Thanks

·
Banned
336 Posts
Cutters, Wires, Switch, Electric Tape, and if you want to do a clean job, a small soldering iron. Of course the tools to take out the cover to get to the ECU, but thats nothing anyway. Im sure PHR could do it for you, but they might charge you for it. Why pay?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just don't have anywhere to do it, I'll probably end up doing it myself, but if PHR would do it for like $25 then I"d definately do it there.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ya- are the wires, etc. different for '97-'98. I have a '98 and wanted to do the ETTC but I'm afraid the wire colors may be different...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts