Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do the ettc mod. Has anyone had any bad luck while performing this mod? Also is it easier to just go directly to the ECU, instead of following the instructions on MKIV.com? I am an Electrical Engineer and it seems easy enough to do the mod at the ECU but I wondered why it said "for experienced users you can use the ECU directly" on MKIV.com instructions because it seems easier than trying to find all the right wires under the hood. How hard is it to get to the ECU can someone tell me how to get to it?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I just did the ettc mod yesterday. I had a friend help me do it and we wired it from the ecu. It was pretty simple to do. I didnt want to go through routing the wires from the engine bay through the firewall so i just wired it from the ecu. Its great being able to switch back and forth from seq to ttc and vice versa. I mounted the switch right next to the trac control btw.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only reason i found to do the mod in the engine bay is so you don't get caught tampering with the ecu wires. my suggestion is to buy a fields harness and do the mod at the ecu, it is very easy to get to and should you havve problems with your car just remove the harness and your ecu harness will be intact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts