Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just installed the euro headlights. I had a problem with the adjustments at first , but after mant searches i found 80% of my answers and worked well. I still have one issue about the adjustments and can't seem to find any answers to it.
The height adjustment is fine , it is all level except for the end , it goes high right on both lights. Is there any way to correct this?
any advice will be appreciated.
thanks

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
I would say that if you could obtain or make the harness which controls the aim of the lights, that would be your best bet. The glass lights are very limited in what they can do manually.

·
1,070 Posts
I think that is the pattern on euro lights. It has a flat line on the left side and then a 45 degree angle on the right side of the beam. I heard that there is a reflector in the headlights that do this. Leveling the reflector out would probably bring the lower side of the beam even with the highest part.

BTW, do you know if you're supposed to line up both light beams so that you only see one beam, or are you supposed to have two separate beams?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nautica2o3 said:
I think that is the pattern on euro lights. It has a flat line on the left side and then a 45 degree angle on the right side of the beam. I heard that there is a reflector in the headlights that do this. Leveling the reflector out would probably bring the lower side of the beam even with the highest part.

BTW, do you know if you're supposed to line up both light beams so that you only see one beam, or are you supposed to have two separate beams?
i have been told to line them up so each side is equal in height so it seems that they appear to be one beam
hope that helps
BTW
also i have HID's and that could have something to do with the right side slanting up

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have the euros and had the same question......they are made to have arcs in the beams. It apparently has something to do with European driving conditions......? They both arc to the right like the shape of a piece of pie.

sean

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
I can't find it now, but I thought somebody here a while back posted a photo of the inside of the euro lights showing a "mask" and talked about how it deflects the beams as intended for Europe, but not necessarily how many US drivers would like it. They were going to try removing or trimming the mask but I don't recall reading a follow up. Anybody know more about that or is that just not the case?

I have a set of euro lights too that I haven't installed yet, plan to this Spring, and when I hold them up and look thru the back thru the bulb hole for the main driving light I see a triangulated mask which might be what was mentioned.

PS edit: I never looked thru stock US lights to see if that piece is in there

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts