Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that Euro headlights can't really be adjusted without the motor and oem euro adjustment switch hooked up?

My boy on the forum is buying some and the seller says that to make adjustments to the beam pattern, you have to have the oem switch for them and wire it in or else the lights are aimed down and to the right. He said that the manual knobs don't really do anything to change the beam pattern when adjusted horizontal or vertical.

Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As far as I can tell, the adjustment screws work just fine on my Euro headlights. I've never had a problem with them aiming down and to the right.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
97SilberSupraTT or something like that (European Forums side on here) has the Euro headlights hooked up with the electronic switch and it's pretty nice. I know it's off topic a bit from your question, but if your buddy could have access to it, it seemed well worth it to me.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
My euro lights have been adjusted slightly to get them to where they are now and they're aimed just fine. But from my understanding the euros do not have the full range of adjustment as the USDM versions due to the motor mechanism interfering with the adjustment range.

Right now I'm working on having mine adjustable via the motors so I can move them as needed as I'm driving, whenever I want/need. There is a good article on mkiv.com about one way to do that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts