Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that Euro headlights can't really be adjusted without the motor and oem euro adjustment switch hooked up?

My boy on the forum is buying some and the seller says that to make adjustments to the beam pattern, you have to have the oem switch for them and wire it in or else the lights are aimed down and to the right. He said that the manual knobs don't really do anything to change the beam pattern when adjusted horizontal or vertical.

Any feedback is appreciated.

·
I own a Supra
279 Posts
A few years ago, myself and a couple of others on here were looking for such a thing after extensive research we realized it just wasn't worth it....

A few years later I still hold to that idea.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Euro Adjustment

There is a tech article written by Dimitri Keramidas on MKIV.com concerning this very issue. The article includes how to fabricate the substitute switch and wiring harness needed if that is any help to you.

Dimitri obtained a few of the actual Euro adjustment switches from UK several years ago and built ACTUAL plug and play harnesses to operate the lights properly. I purchased one of the harnesses with ACTUAL OEM Toyota switch for adjustment and the setup works well. The OEM switch mounts PERFECTLY in either one of the dash 'blanks' near the Traction OFF switch below the radio.

Any other questions feel free to contact me.. I can probably send a pic also if interested. I am running the Euro Glass Headlights with the former MVP HID kit and love it!

PS> If you look on the BACK of the LEFT side dash panel (not sure if proprietary to certain years) there is an UNPUNCHED BLANK in the shape of a small rectangle that the factory EURO switch actually is designed to mount into from the front of panel once Dremeled etc. Just FYI..

·
Registered
331 Posts
I bought a pair 2 months ago and yeah theres a motor to adjust them.. but you can also adjust them with the white screw at the back of the headlights. Actually, I used this to adjust them and they lights up very well. I did it manually and they might not be perfect but it came out with a great result though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts