Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are there two different templates for cutting the hood? on mkiv.com they have
and

Not only are the shapes different the height of them are different. Which one is correct? If anyone has a perfect template to print let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to get the MS Paint template calibrtaed to the right distances however it is still shorter from top to bottom than the carboard one.

I dunno wat to do, ill prob just take the heatshield off and see what i can do with it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Damn, I made the cardboard template about 6 yrs ago. It's still out in the garage. Either one should work or go it on your own,

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it make a difference on which one i use. The actual size of the hole is different but does it really matter?

·
4 T's and an X
2,117 Posts
When you take off the insulator, you will see the holes it mounts too. Then make your cut a little bigger. There is alot of hangover from the scoop that if you make it too big, it will still cover it. After trying to get that template to work, I just did it that way and it came out fine. The template was always off for me.

·
HighCompression+Boost=Win
1,888 Posts
I just did this last week. Put the picture in MS Word then use the ruler to line up the measurements for each of the lines. Make sure you change the document to landscape, and set the margins so the picture will fit. Measure each of the two lines on the screen with the ruler, print it and remeasure each of the lines. Make a cardboard template and trace it on the hood. Mine fit like a glove.

·
4 T's and an X
2,117 Posts
It took me about a week because I couldnt get those templates to wor. I was nervouse cutting open a perfectly good hood. But then i just said screw it and started cutting. Its not that bad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts