Supra Forums banner

Should i put the Euro hood scoop or leave it stock?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys its about time that my car goes into the body shop for some work. So i picked up the Euro Hood Scoop and was thinking about putting it on the car. But now i'm having some doubts and not sure if i still wanna put it on. The car is black and will stay that color. At first i thought it would be cool because it serves a function with the engine. But now i'm looking at pictures and it doesnt look as good as it did when i first saw them. So what do you guys think? Put the scoop on or leave the stock hood as is?

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
I am having second thoughts as well. However, I am going to do it when I get my car back. Along with RMM wing and c/f lip.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
IMO, it only looks good with certain body kit and wheel combos. There is a post in the member's ride section titled something like "he want from a supra to this" or something on this order. There's a black Do-Luck body kitted Supra in that post with the perfect combo of wheels/body kit that accents the look of the Euro hood scoop VERY nicely. However, most of the time, the scoop looks like crap; I've never seen one on a stock body or stock body w/lip and wing that I've liked.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Put it on. You can always get another stock hood, there are plenty going around. Make sure the scoop is in the right place, and it'll look great. You won't regret it. I had a euro spec TT (black) and it looks awesome.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kaneda said:
they look like shit, they're non-functional unless you're running stock twins with no aftermarket filters and have the ductwork that goes along with it. sell it, it looks like ass.

I thought since the hood sat right in the middle it brings cold air into the engine bay and specifically over #4 and 5. and yes i will be running stock twins for a while.

I should probably add that i will be going TRD widebody also. And i just didnt like the TRD hood for everyday driving. so thats why i thought of using the Euro Hood Scoop. Something a little different from stock but not too crazy. I couldnt drive with the TRD hood because i would want it fully functional so i wouldnt have the weatherguards so then stuff can get in there. But whatevers if i want the TRD hood in the future i can always get a CF one.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
I'm putting my euro scoop, rmm wing, and ww lip front lip on my black supra in this month.. wish me luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have one on mine. IMO, it's one of those things you would keep if you had it on and wouldnt get if you don't have one.

Mine came with my car when i bought it and I never planned nor wanted a euro-scoop but it grows on you and yo uget used to it. I always thought it was ugly as fuck but meh, it grew on me

I know your car is black, but just for reference on a stock body

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
McGregory thanks for the great pictures. HOT Chick! but i still cant make up my mind like a lil bytch. But whatevers i still got time. Do you guys think that the scoop takes away from the stock lines on the car? atleast on the hood part. Would it look outta place with a TRD widebody? at first i thought it wouldnt but now i'm kinda having second thoughts.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
I still think rmm wing would make euro scoop look good on it. It's all about wing and wheel to match it.

Here are my wrecked supra pics.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You have a black car right? Black is the best color to put the hood scoop on because it doesn't stand out like with other colors, yet is subtly present. Do it, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It may be a new screen name but I was on here as "supraholic" in 2001 until I forgot the e-mail address that the account was on like 3 months ago!!!!

I didn't change my mind!!! I still think it should be put on, I was saying it would just look better on a white or gray car then on a black car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts