Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
That would be cool. Do you know where you can get the euro hood schoop around the bay for cheap?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I suppose you could install the scoop on a carbon fiber hood, but it would be slightly more difficult....

Check out the Euro Scoop Installation writeup on mkiv.com

You will notice that the stock hood has a bracket that the Euro scoop bolts on to...This bracket would not be present in aftermarket hoods....So you would have to center it yourself perfectly. In addition, I dont know if the CF hood would be put under any stress due to the fact that the scoop is clamping down on it....

Finally, I do not know if there are Euro Scoops available in CF....were you planning on putting a fiberglass scoop on a CF hood?

So in a word, Yes, I guess you could do it, but it would not be nearly as straight forward as it is with the stock hood.

Asheesh

·
Administrator
4,971 Posts
You can mount it on any hood with the same contours as the stock hood. The only issue would be how to line it up correctly if the hood doesn't have the same exact reinforcement shape as the stocker.

You can get them from either of these guys.

Curt Aigner
Elmhurst Toyota
630-279-2265

Jeff Watson
Jay Marks Toyota
800-327-2087

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
RSA Supra said:
You can mount it on any hood with the same contours as the stock hood. The only issue would be how to line it up correctly if the hood doesn't have the same exact reinforcement shape as the stocker.

You can get them from either of these guys.

Curt Aigner
Elmhurst Toyota
630-279-2265

Thats for the plug..............

parts 130.00 + 12.50 shipping in stock

L

·
0 Posts
parts 130.00 + 12.50 shipping in stock
Is that for all the parts below that mkiv.com lists cost aprox. $250? If so im definitely ordering.

Parts: Total cost ~ $250

Here is a list of parts to order:

76181-14900 Bulge, Hood
76182-14010 Guide, Hood Air Intake
76183-14010 Protector Hood Bulge, No. 1
76184-14010 Protector Hood Bulge, No. 2
76187-14010 Retainer, Hood Air Intake Guide, No. 1 (2)
76192-14010 Plate, Hood Bulge
93567-14512 Screws (8)
90179-06058 Nuts (4)
76186-14010 Seal, Hood Air Intake.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
130 for the whole kit???? oh yea, i am not worried about the line up or the hose. i wonder if we can cut the carbon fiber? is it easy to cut? is it easy to make hose???

again, 130 is for the whole kit???

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello,

Just so you know,

the air guide part will not be able to be used if you have a strut tower bar. I thought I had heard at one point that it will fit if you cut it or something, but Im not sure.

Without the guide, the scoop looks unchanged from the outside, but under the hood, their is no longer the guide that funnels air into that mini scoop (I believe it goes to the last 2 cylinders). Still, without the guide, I am sure some air gets in their and the rest of the engine area gets some cool air as well....

Asheesh

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
asheesh88 said:
Hello,

Just so you know,

the air guide part will not be able to be used if you have a strut tower bar. I thought I had heard at one point that it will fit if you cut it or something, but Im not sure.

Without the guide, the scoop looks unchanged from the outside, but under the hood, their is no longer the guide that funnels air into that mini scoop (I believe it goes to the last 2 cylinders). Still, without the guide, I am sure some air gets in their and the rest of the engine area gets some cool air as well....

Asheesh
I believe that the air guide directs air toward the 3 and 4 cylinders. This was designed after Toyota realized that the numbers 3 and 4 cylinders were the hottest cylinders in the block. There is an article describing this feature at mkiv.com under the heading BPU I believe.

Joe

T

·
0 Posts
Scoop it up! I highly recommend Curt. I ordered my scoop from him (among other things :)) and it went as smooth as silk. Not only are his prices virtually impossible to beat, but he will even provide you helpful hints along the way if you need them. Not to mention the scoop is the bomb :D IMHO, it really "balances out" the look of the car. Not to mention, it is a fully functional OEM part! Good luck.

L

·
0 Posts
I emailed Curt directly to find out what its going to cost. I will post once i find out.

L

·
0 Posts
I will ask if he has any experience with cutting carbon fiber. Your best bet to ask on that subject would be someone like aerogear, its a local shop here in the bay and they make kits and carbon fiber hoods they would probably be able to answer your question the best.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts